2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

People were saying that last year and McCaffrey went #7 overall and Fournette #4, noway Barkley even sniffs 10.

It was also a soft QB class and you didn't have 4-5 teams in the top 10 looking for QBs. 

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Why are people acting like we'd pass?  Because BP said so? Am I missing something here?

I have this influence over the masses. lol. And I was just asking the questions if the Raiders would pass in the off chance he landed there.

11 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I did a 3 round mock for the mock draft forum and this is how the Raiders turned out:

Dallas Cowboys trade 1.19, 2.50, and 2019 2nd round pick to Oakland Raiders for 1.10

3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT

1.19 (from Dallas) - Mike McGlinchey, OL, Notre Dame

2.41 - Donte Jackson, DB, LSU

2.50 (from Dallas) - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

3.75 - Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State

Love the 1st round pick

10 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Why are people acting like we'd pass?  Because BP said so? Am I missing something here?

I don't think we'd pass.  I'm just saying IF we did, I'd be done with Gruden. Done with Reggie who I have been a firm believer in and vocal about.  

Barkley is a once in a generation type.  You get those guys.  Instantly our offense would become legit.  They respect the pass because of Carr and company.  Barkley would immediately demand respect when it comes to running the ball.  

Draft Barkley, focus on defense thereafter.  

In theory.  What do I know? ?‍♂️

I mentioned in another thread my love of Hurst in this D, but if we don't go that route, here is my new combo that I'd like to see:

1) Re-sign Bowman
2) Draft Roquan or Edmunds in the first (LB corps of MLB-Bowman, OLBs-Whitehead, Roquan/Edmunds is all of a sudden a strength)
3)Harrison Phillps in the 2nd

We've added secondary players in FA, and can improve the other two levels with this combo. Still uneasy about not going OT in the first two rounds, but this could go some ways in improving the defense. I'd also be cool skipping LB in the early rounds, rolling with James/Morrow, taking DL in the first and OT in the second. But the combo I've laid out here is feasible and can help this team a lot.

19 hours ago, Madleg81 said:

Outside of not knowing much about Jackson, I'd be ecstatic with this. We may even get a little more in return considering how much the Jets paid to move up only 3 spots.

Jackson is an interesting player who was getting 1st round mock buzz (I think he still is in some). He's a bit like Adoree' Jackson from last year's class except he's faster, not as good as a returner or offensive gadget player, and has is overall better in coverage. He's tiny, though. At 5'10 1/2" and 178 lbs., he's even smaller than Adoree'.

At this point I would go with Derwin James at 10. You can play him all over the field match him up against TEs and not have to worry about it again. There are some who believe you can even line him up at Corner on the outside. He can play the slot or that small LB in Nickle and dime. Karl Joseph is to small.

If not him I would like Veta. Oakland needs to address the defensive line. With Jelly already on the roster this might actually allow Veta to be more of a pass rusher. 

On 3/19/2018 at 6:53 PM, Rich7sena said:

I did a 3 round mock for the mock draft forum and this is how the Raiders turned out:

Dallas Cowboys trade 1.19, 2.50, and 2019 2nd round pick to Oakland Raiders for 1.10

3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT

1.19 (from Dallas) - Mike McGlinchey, OL, Notre Dame

2.41 - Donte Jackson, DB, LSU

2.50 (from Dallas) - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

3.75 - Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State

No like. No DL despite picking up an extra 2nd.

And now way in hell Sutton isnt going in the 1st round. Wouldnt be suprised at all if he goes before Ridley.

5 minutes ago, roi34 said:

If you get Derwin James.. do you try to move Obi to outside corner? please don't use the one game as an example.

or do you use James as a utility guy and move him all around?

You do whatever is best for Derwin James, whether he feels most comfortable as a safety or as a defensive chess piece. 

I like his skillet, but Obi wasn't drafted by Gruden so he will have to get in where he fits in.

Archived