Jump to content
scar988

Falcons announce new uniforms for 2020 season

Recommended Posts

These uniform changes always seem to get messed up. With Nike is involved, they get these weird modern looks when fans seem to largely like the classic throw back feel. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

These uniform changes always seem to get messed up. With Nike is involved, they get these weird modern looks when fans seem to largely like the classic throw back feel. 

 

Eh, they haven't been perfect since taking over...but they've been more to being solid to good than a trainwreck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change is always good. 17 yrs. with a jersey is long enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 11:17 AM, candyman93 said:

What’s wrong with their current ones...?

28-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the people saying that these uniforms are outdated and need a new look but then suggesting to have them look like their throwbacks from 1980 lol

I personally love the Falcons uniforms. They are not old school boring but they look modern without being overly cluttered like Nike has gotten with some other teams new redesigns like TB/CLE.

Do these uniforms really look like they were designed 17 years apart? I dont think so

2003:

gettyimages-1074127476-594x594.jpg

 

2019:

jets-new-uniform-reveal-2019-1.jpg?quali

Edited by AkronsWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Jets unis are abominations so don't know why you want to compare it to them. I agree that the current Falcons unis look dated, mainly the shoulder area and that awkward slight drop-shadow look on the numbers. 

They should bring back the red helmets, keep the red shirts but revert to the old logo - go back to their 70's look. 

5801061987_7bd73ecdfd_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I prefer the all black jerseys with the red outlined numbers and the all black helmet with the throwback falcon logo.  

That should be their full time home jersey for sure.  A much more intimidating look for them.  

Image result for atlanta falcons throwback jerseys

These should be it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

09000d5d81c0c336_gallery_600.jpg

Start with this and give the helmet a black facemask. Use that jersey template to make a white away and a red alternate.

Boom! Done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they go red. there's far too many black unis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think Jets uniform is hideous even though the original thread somehow got a lot of positivity. 
 

I also think the Bucs Nike Uniform is the worst uniform in NFL History. Looks like a Minor League Team.... of the Arena Football League. 
 

I also think the Jags uniform/helmet is dreadful. 
 

However, not all Nike Uniforms are bad. I think the Dolphins and Seahawks uniforms are amazing actually, two of the best in the league. And I may be in the minority, but I absolutely love the Titans new uniform AND the helmet too. I think they go extremely well with each other. 
 

So Nike usually has no middle ground. It’ll be one of the best or one of the worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I also think the Bucs Nike Uniform is the worst uniform in NFL History. Looks like a Minor League Team.... of the Arena Football League. 
 

Interested what the Bucs are doing with their change this year. Feel like creamsicle or just orange coming back in a bigger way is the natural swing back the other way that these teams that keep redoing their uniforms take.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 12:26 PM, Nazgul said:

I hope they have feathers.

The NFL could really bring in the furry market if they just made every team dress up like the animal they represent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I love the people saying that these uniforms are outdated and need a new look but then suggesting to have them look like their throwbacks from 1980 lol

I personally love the Falcons uniforms. They are not old school boring but they look modern without being overly cluttered like Nike has gotten with some other teams new redesigns like TB/CLE.

Do these uniforms really look like they were designed 17 years apart? I dont think so

2003:

gettyimages-1074127476-594x594.jpg

 

2019:

jets-new-uniform-reveal-2019-1.jpg?quali

I believe you are wrong.  The Falcons' jerseys aren't modern, they are like weird knockoffs of the 1990s 49er jerseys.  The only reason people don't knock them more is because the Cardinals jerseys are comparatively much worse, which makes the Falcons' jerseys not look all that bad.  But, that doesn't make them look good or modern.  And you definitely can't compare them with TB and Cleveland, which probably have the worst uniforms ever imagined (the only comparable worse idea was the two-tone Jaguar helmet).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×