Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

On 1/17/2024 at 6:58 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

This is the most open I can recall any HC/GM being about what they're going to do with their pick (in January)... outside of an obvious QB1 pick at #1.

I mean, it's the HC making a comment like 3 months before the draft.  Unless he's the one making decision, he really isn't saying that from a position of authority.  Secondly, NOBODY believes that the Patriots are going to start the season with Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe as QB1 and QB2.  And it's not like the QB class outside of Kirk Cousins coming off a torn Achilles is filled with high quality QBs.  You've got Ryan Tannehill, Jacoby Brisket, Tyrod Taylor, etc. as the best of the bunch.  It's going to be hard to believe that the Patriots aren't going QB at 3 (or if they trade up).  Just a question of which one.  Reminds me of when the Jets traded up a few years ago with the Colts.  We knew they were taking a QB, we just didn't know which one.

Where do you all get draft prospect scouting reports? I used to love The Draft Network, but it looks like they've gone through some major changes and now doesn't seem so great. 

I love the draft guide The Athletic puts out closer to the draft, but I can't find anything worthwhile right now to study up on prospects.

On 1/23/2024 at 12:33 PM, NinerNation21 said:

Where do you all get draft prospect scouting reports? I used to love The Draft Network, but it looks like they've gone through some major changes and now doesn't seem so great. 

I love the draft guide The Athletic puts out closer to the draft, but I can't find anything worthwhile right now to study up on prospects.

I like Mike Renner but the company he worked for went under yesterday

Nfldraftbuzz.com is pretty good, though I don't understand their ranking system 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, adamq said:

Nfldraftbuzz.com is pretty good, though I don't understand their ranking system 

I find Draft buzz to weight on the side of SEC than not.  Take it for what you want.  Just my view of their rankings.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I find Draft buzz to weight on the side of SEC than not.  Take it for what you want.  Just my view of their rankings.

I can see that, their overall rankings have always seemed off to me. But I like how the site is formatted and it's a nice resource once all the combine numbers are plugged in there

On 1/21/2024 at 12:50 PM, LinderFournette said:

This is prolly correct. Almost sure it is.

Once upon a time the draft was almost all seniors and in swung towards younger players. Now it is swinging back to players who, are not only seniors but have exhausted all eligibility.

The draft will find equilibrium in a year or two. It always does.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Techbert said:

This is prolly correct. Almost sure it is.

Once upon a time the draft was almost all seniors and in swung towards younger players. Now it is swinging back to players who, are not only seniors but have exhausted all eligibility.

The draft will find equilibrium in a year or two. It always does.

Nagy himself has said the same thing.

• Like 1