Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Thereve been very few pre draft trades this year 

Pre draft trades are incredibly rare. Teams normally want to see who’s on the clock before they move.

In the last 15 years we’ve had:

2012 RG3 deal

2012 Richardson (an hour before the draft and it was obvious who the top 2 were)

2016 Goff

2016 Wentz

2018 Darnold 

2024 Vikings/Texans trade

I genuinely can’t remember any other trades involving only picks that were completed before draft day itself 

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Pre draft trades are incredibly rare. Teams normally want to see who’s on the clock before they move.

2012 RG3 deal

2012 Richardson (an hour before the draft and it was obvious who the top 2 were)

2016 Goff

2016 Wentz

2018 Darnold 

I genuinely can’t remember any other trades involving only picks that were completed before draft day itself 

Trey Lance

48 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

2012 RG3 deal

2016 Goff

2016 Wentz

2018 Darnold 

There were a lot the last few years, involving players but still

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

There were a lot the last few years, involving players but still

Is 19 trades not a lot?

Players that have been traded since March 4th.

Ryan Bates, Jerry Jeudy, Mac Jones, Carlton Davis, Brian Burns, Joe Mixon, Diontae Johnson, Morgan Moses, Malik Collins, Rondale Moore/ Desmond Ridder, Sam Howell, Keenan Allen, Kenny Pickett, Justin Fields, L'Jarius Sneed, Hasson Reddick, Stefon Diggs, Leroy Watson

41 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Is 19 trades not a lot?

Players that have been traded since March 4th.

Ryan Bates, Jerry Jeudy, Mac Jones, Carlton Davis, Brian Burns, Joe Mixon, Diontae Johnson, Morgan Moses, Malik Collins, Rondale Moore/ Desmond Ridder, Sam Howell, Keenan Allen, Kenny Pickett, Justin Fields, L'Jarius Sneed, Hasson Reddick, Stefon Diggs, Leroy Watson

I'm talking involving the first round. from the end of the season until the day before the draft.

2022:
Russell Wilson to Denver
DeShaun Watson to Cleveland
Philadelphia and New Orleans
Davante Adams to Raiders
Tyreek Hill to Miami 

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm talking involving the first round. from the end of the season until the day before the draft.

2022:
Russell Wilson to Denver
DeShaun Watson to Cleveland
Philadelphia and New Orleans
Davante Adams to Raiders
Tyreek Hill to Miami 

I think that year is more of an outlier vs a normal year

1 minute ago, squire12 said:
22 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think 2021 and 2022 were similar?

looks like 2021 had 4

Like I said, the 2022 year (and you could make a case the 2021 year) were outliers relative to the previous years.  week before the draft trades that involved 1st round picks

2023 had 2 

2022 had 6

2021 had 4

2020 had 2

2019 had 1

2018 had 3

2017 had 1

2016 had 3

2015 had 1

2014 had 0

2013 had 2

2012 had 1

TONS of talk, from GMs, saying they are preparing for QBs to go 1-4 this year. I think we can almost lock that in.

Joe Schoen mentioned as well that he was surprised that he has received so many calls from people behind them asking about trading up to 6. That could be for a QB, but I have a sneaking suspicion that, because lots of GMs are preparing for QBs 1-4, either Joe Alt or Marvin Harrison Jr would be available at 6.

18 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

TONS of talk, from GMs, saying they are preparing for QBs to go 1-4 this year. I think we can almost lock that in.

Joe Schoen mentioned as well that he was surprised that he has received so many calls from people behind them asking about trading up to 6. That could be for a QB, but I have a sneaking suspicion that, because lots of GMs are preparing for QBs 1-4, either Joe Alt or Marvin Harrison Jr would be available at 6.

Its fairly unique also in that picks 4-8 are all held by teams where trading down makes a lot of sense, more so than years past. Trading into the top 10 for non-QBs is rather rare but this year might not be as cost prohibitive and thus, a lot chatter.