Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

57 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The Giants are desperate to trade back, from all indications. I think they'd be willing to take below market value, especially if they are only moving back 1 or 2 spots. There is no reason for the Dolphins or Chargers to show their hands yet. There has been, and will be, a lot of 'rumors' that the Dolphins don't like the QBs this year, or the Chargers are happy with Tyrod Taylor, etc. I don't buy it for a second. If the Lions don't move, the Giants will. And despite Gettleman never trading back before in his life, and his insistence on getting good value in trades, I fully expect the Giants will make a hard push to trade back with one of those 2 teams for even just middling value. A single 3rd would get it done, IMO. They want a tackle, they really like Wills, Wirfs, and Thomas, and they can trade back a few spots and get one of them. That's their ultimate goal.

I just cant imagine Miami and LA go into the season with Tyrod and Rosen/Fitz as their guys. Makes sense for them to stay put but the Giants are really willing to trade down for less than value it could bite them hard

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

What if the Falcons get a trade done with the Jaguars right before the draft begins? Or the Jags get incredible value from the Falcons, so prefer the trade down?

I agree that could happen, but it could also happen at 7 with the Panthers if they love Simmons more than Brown. I just think there is a real chance Simmons slips.

Wouldn’t it be pretty foolish to accept a trade pre-draft unless we get crazy high value for the pick? It would have to be stellar. Picks are great but if someone fell into your lap that you didn’t expect but you traded it would look awful for a team desperate for blue chip talent