Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't have that huge of a problem with Mahomes winning MVP.  He played poorly the first three and a half quarters, but he showed up when it counted the most.  I think he played a very 'safe' game for much of the game.  Maybe part of that was Reid's playcalling/gameplan.  They didn't really challenge the Niners vertically.

He did show up when it counted, that is true. But overall he didn't have a great game. Two bad INTs and plenty of other off-target throws. A fumble he was lucky to recover. I think it's fair to say that others deserved it more than him, but I really don't think it matters that much anyway. I doubt he or anyone else on the team gives a whit.

Edited by childofpudding
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Didn't he just have 100+ rushing yards, a receiving and 2 rushing TD's?

You're correct. But he was at 80 total yards prior to that run. The Receiving TD was with blocking in front of him. GOod running TD though. I just don't see how anyone could have watched this game prior to that run and thought Williams was making any sort of difference in this game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't have that huge of a problem with Mahomes winning MVP.  He played poorly the first three and a half quarters, but he showed up when it counted the most.  I think he played a very 'safe' game for much of the game.  Maybe part of that was Reid's playcalling/gameplan.  They didn't really challenge the Niners vertically.

I agree as well, I don't think anyone else on the Chiefs really stood out enough to have an issue with it. Wouldn't have had a problem with Williams or Jones or whoever else either.

Just now, childofpudding said:

He did show up when it counted, that is true. But overall he didn't have a great game. Two bad INTs and plenty of other off-target throws. I think it's fair to say that others deserved it more than him, but I really don't think it matters that much anyway. I doubt he or anyone else on the team gives a whit.

Pretty much this. And I bet you if Chris Jones won the MVP award, the casual fan would throw a FIT that Mahomes didn't win it. Instead, Mahomes wins and the only people who notice are the hardcore fans, who makeup a minority of overall people who can raise hell about such things.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I think I'm hazy right now, but I can't think of my teams that got to the Super Bowl, lost, and got back within a few years with relatively the same cast, and then won it. The winners usually seems to be in the mix though. 

Doesn't typically happen

2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

He did show up when it counted, that is true. But overall he didn't have a great game. Two bad INTs and plenty of other off-target throws. A fumble he was lucky to recover. I think it's fair to say that others deserved it more than him, but I really don't think it matters that much anyway. I doubt he or anyone else on the team gives a whit.

The 2nd INT wasn't even bad. It was behind but Hill should have caught that pretty easily. 

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I think I'm hazy right now, but I can't think of my teams that got to the Super Bowl, lost, and got back within a few years with relatively the same cast, and then won it. The winners usually seems to be in the mix though. 

it happened a few times in the 70s

Den and NE did it recently

• Like 1