Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

Kyle will definitely get blame but I wonder what the narrative would have been if Jimmy hit Sanders on that throw. It's not like Kyle completely went away from run...they still did run the ball, I think on one of the drives in the end, they didn't gain much on a first down run and then a false start happened, it ended up being 2nd & 15, you don't often run on 2nd & 15 and that's when Kyle went back to Jimmy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

San Francisco has to see if Jimmy G’s arm can carry them to the promise land. No one in this thread had faith in him late in that game. 

There is only like a handful of coaches in this league who can make this happen.  Shanahan is one of them, Reid would be another.  Jimmy G is a really good backup caliber QB.  He's not carrying anyone anywhere.

Just now, upriser7 said:

Kyle will definitely get blame but I wonder what the narrative would have been if Jimmy hit Sanders on that throw. It's not like Kyle completely went away from run...they still did run the ball, I think on one of the drives in the end, they didn't gain much on a first down run and then a false start happened, it ended up being 2nd & 15, you don't often run on 2nd & 15 and that's when Kyle went back to Jimmy. 

Both deserve criticism. Jimmy G couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, and the overall game plan wasn't great either, and we all know Shanahan has the history of failing with a lead and favorable game script in big games.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Doug Pederson had Nick Foles who had balls of steel.  Guy was throwing the football all over the yard.  Jimmy G is a backup caliber QB.  I think Shanahan did as much as he could with a QB like that.

Plus, I think too much is getting put on him.  The defense gave up 21 points in 7 minutes.  To me, this is more on them than it is the offense.

Nick Foles hadn't proven anything up to that point. From the start of the game, it was clear that they decided they were going to take their chances on 4th downs. They were going to go down swinging. Jimmy isn't so bad that you don't try to march down the field with three timeouts in your pocket and a minute and a half to work with. That's just stupid. Didn't matter if it's Trent Dilfer against Mahomes. TRY TO SCORE. Don't be a little scaredy *** *****. And that is what Kyle was tonight. Bet that entire offense was like "We're not gonna try to score before the half? Ummm ok...?"

Edited by PapaShogun

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

That's what I'm saying.  This is more on the defense.  21 points given up in 7 minutes for a supposed elite defense.

• Like 2

Just now, upriser7 said:

Correct. Drive opened with a run (17 yards). False start, nice ad lib by Bourne on his first. But passes batted down, and then Jimmy just missed that throw. Plain and simple. It should haunt him for his career. It was there, the play shanny called was open. Jimmy bricked it

• Like 1

Just now, TENINCH said:

Why did the guy that threw 2 ints win MVP? Just curious because I turned it off after the 2nd quarter?

You missed a damn good game dude.  

And Mahomes was literally the entire offense.  That's why he was MVP. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Jimmy G is a really good backup caliber QB. 

Too far. He's basically just a dude. He's a starter, but he's bottom 15 starter. You're talking about a league that employs guys like trubisky, Rosen, Mariota, case keenum, etc. 

Give an elite team around him, he can pilot the ship here as we saw

Just now, Buckweath said:

I wont lie. I was disgusted by the Chiefs offensive performance. I felt they should have gone vertical a lot more.

Andy Reid definitly has his faults but we did it.

It's a tough matchup. The defense they were playing is legit

• Like 1