DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

On one hand, that's hella impressive.

On the other hand, he's partially responsible for BEING in those double-digit deficit situations. Kinda like all of those "Andrew Luck 4th Q comeback" stats from years past.

The thing that's crazy to me about that stat, is Pat lost 3 games. That means in our 3 losses, we never went down by double digits. The only times we ever went down by 10+ were wins. That's just logistically insane.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Like.....what?

The Texans game still blows my mind.  The Chiefs are down 24-0 so I go get coffee with my sister.  I put the game on my phone when we settle in and it's 28-24 Chiefs.  By the time we get to her house it's a 41-24 lead.  It's absurd. 

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

The thing that's crazy to me about that stat, is Pat lost 3 games. That means in our 3 losses, we never went down by double digits. The only times we ever went down by 10+ were wins. That's just logistically insane.

One more thing - it ignores playoff runs like Joe Flacco's where he put up insane stats and never went down double-digits. It's just kinda misleading.

But ignoring all of that, it's insane by itself to recognize that Mahomes basically becomes invincible the further you put him down into a deficit lol

11 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Nick Foles hadn't proven anything up to that point. From the start of the game, it was clear that they decided they were going to take their chances on 4th downs. They were going to go down swinging. Jimmy isn't so bad that you don't try to march down the field with three timeouts in your pocket and a minute and a half to work with. That's just stupid. Didn't matter if it's Trent Dilfer against Mahomes. TRY TO SCORE. Don't be a little scaredy *** *****. And that is what Kyle was tonight. Bet that entire offense was like "We're not gonna try to score before the half? Ummm ok...?"

That was the formula that got them there in the first place. So now it's Shanahan's fault because he knew his QB was incapable of performing under the lights? You should be thankful he almost guided that team to a championship with gimmick plays and an overpaid handoff giver at the most important position in football. They lost because Jimmy G was the weak link. And he got exposed.

Just now, LeotheLion said:

To me this stat shouldn't be attributed to Mahomes like the tweet is doing. The defense was able in those games to make stops that they certainly wouldn't have done last year. 

Absolutely. The D made huge plays in several of those games to make those comebacks happen. Including in the superbowl. San Fran didn't do jack in the 4th.

It's a team effort to go down by as many as we have all post-season, but a team effort to comeback too, for sure.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

Just checking the stats. We held Mostert to 58 yards and the 49ers to 143 yards rushing. We held a top 5 offense to 20 points and closed it down with the game on the line. You can make the case for the defense being MVP. 

J

This was the biggest thing. Got it done when it needed to be done. 

I wasn't here during the game, but on that 4th down play for the Niners - Jimmy G has to at least throw the ball there to give someone a chance.  I get the pass rush was bearing down on him and he was under supreme duress.  He did do some type of push pass to avoid the sack, but you have to get that ball into the air so someone can try to make a play.

That 3rd and 15 the Niners gave up with that bomb to Tyreek Hill also sticks in my mind.  They had kept Hill underneath most of the game.  On such a huge play, you let him get wide open 40 yards down the field?  That seems absurd to me.

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

That was the formula that got them there in the first place. So now it's Shanahan's fault because he knew his QB was incapable of performing under the lights? You should be thankful he almost guided that team to a championship with gimmick plays and an overpaid handoff giver at the most important position in football. They lost because Jimmy G was the weak link. And he got exposed.

Except Jimmy has shined in other games in crunch time. Why not give him the two minute drill in the biggest game of them all? Now he doesn't trust Jimmy? Because he had before. Doesn't make sense. 

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

On one hand, that's hella impressive.

On the other hand, he's partially responsible for BEING in those double-digit deficit situations. Kinda like all of those "Andrew Luck 4th Q comeback" stats from years past.

Not necessarily. You can nitpick and say on certain plays he didn’t do this or that but overall he ain’t responsible for those deficits. Texans game had nothing to do with him. Titans game too. This ain’t an Andrew Luck throwing picks and thereby putting his team into a hole.