Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

25 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Keep sleeping on Terrell Suggs, Frank Clark, and Chris Jones. I LOVE IT.

frank clark and chris jones are good but suggs used to be good he is to old for football 6 sacks is below average for a pass rusher erick walden would get 10 sacks . plus 49ers  run a west coast quick passes to take away pass rush .   mahomes gonna have to win this game

every one is sleeping on jimmy g because of last game but didnt jimmy g   drop 45 on saints number 2 defense when he had to throw and on ravens number 3 defense ?    i doubt if he has to he cant drop 45 on cheifs middle of the pack defense .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Lmao you are the KING at cherry picking stats for your argument. 

49ers are 2nd in Defense. Chiefs are 17th. And don’t give me the Chief defense is great the past seven games. It’s all about matchups. They didn’t change anything. Chiefs D is average. 

Niners have one of the greatest DLs we have seen in the past 20 years

yards only xD the ultimate in cherry picking.

The DL being one of the greatest is complete garbage.

They have 3 whole players with more than 6 QB hits!

The top 8 guys had 40 sacks.

The best combo (top 4) that can be on the field at any one time has 33 sacks. 

• The Chiefs top 4 guys last year had 43 sacks. 
  • The Steelers top 4 guys this year had 39 sacks.
  • The 2015 Texans top 4 guys had 39 sacks.
  • The 2011 Giants top 4 guys had 35.5 sacks and the top 6 guys had 43 sacks
  • The 2007 Giants top 4 guys had 37.5 sacks and their top 6 had 45.5 sacks

Most of these teams ALSO did not suck against the run.

This DL is kind of similar the Eagles DL from 2017.

They have 2 good units and they have 1 really special player (Cox then, Bosa now)

Brandon Graham is not a great lineman just like Armstead is not a great lineman.

Old Chris Long made some huge plays but he was not a stud just like Dee Ford is not a great lineman.

Justin Houston was a great pass rusher. Khalil Mack is a great pass rusher. . Bosa is likely a great pass rusher. No other 49ers are great pass rushers. End of story.

If you count Suggs numbers with the Cardinals then the Chiefs have more sacks than the 49ers and they have 5 guys with 10 QB hits.

Suggs is also #3 all-time in playoff sacks wedged between Reggie White and Bruce Smith.

Edited by SkippyX

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@SkippyX 17th in Total Yards Per Game, which has been a historically accurate measure of defenses, and 14th in Defensive DVOA, another great measure. Points is a terrible statistic and way too many variables. 

Total yards per game with decent numbers elsewhere has never been an accurate measure of anything.

Point me to all these great teams that were 8th or worse in points allowed and terrible against the run.

Edited by SkippyX

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

And so do niner fans. Incredible lol

Man, did I hate(but respected his talent) him before he came to the Niners.  Keeping us out of the Superbowl with that tipped pass to Crabtree really stung.  I have no doubt we would have won the Superbowl that year.  He has definitely grown on me since then, though.     

Great defense is defined by lots of factors: Here are a bunch of them: points/yards/turnovers/passer rating allowed/rushing yards allowed

• 2019 SF is 8/2/6/7/17
  • 2000 Ravens were  1/2/1/3/1
  • 2002 Bucs were 1/1/T3/1/6
  • 2008 Steelers were 1/1/9/2/2
  • 2013 Seahawks were 1/1/1/1/8

One of these teams is absolutely not like the others.

45 minutes ago, coltstrong said:

every one is sleeping on jimmy g because of last game but didnt jimmy g   drop 45 on saints number 2 defense when he had to throw and on ravens number 3 defense ?    i doubt if he has to he cant drop 45 on cheifs middle of the pack defense .

Bro, what the hell?  At the very least, show that you made an effort to type. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

so whats the ratio of chiefs/niners fans looking like in miami?   anyone knows?

I've seen a few tweets saying the ratio is very KC heavy. Mostly from Chiefs writers, admittedly. But Chris Harris Jr. tweeted that the ratio was ugly in a KC leaning way.

43 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Brandon Graham is not a great lineman just like Armstead is not a great lineman.

What a bad take. Armstead is a damn good lineman

44 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Chris Long made some huge plays but he was not a stud just like Dee Ford is not a great lineman

What another absurdly misinformed comment. Dee Ford is twice the pass rusher that Chris long is. 

45 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Justin Houston was a great pass rusher. Khalil Mack is a great pass rusher. . Bosa is likely a great pass rusher. No other 49ers are great pass rushers. End of story.

Nick bosa isn't even the best pass rusher on our team. Justin Houston wasn't even the best pass rusher on his team last year. 

YOURE GONNA LEARN TODAY, SKIPPY BOY