• Salt Lake City
    • Portland
    • St. Louis
    • Oklahoma City
    • Vancouver
    • Toronto
    • Mexico City

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Mexico City is not safe. It's the kidnaping capital of the world.

I know someone who is from there, who told me that when her mother dies she won't be able to go to the funeral, because the local gangs (who know she now lives in America) will find her and rob her blind 

Does that sound like a place guys will want to raise a family? Also, the air quality there is horrendous 

Does it make financial sense for the NFL to move there? Sure. Does that mean it's a good idea? No. 

Correct. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Lmao @ New Stadium. The Raiders have been trying to get a new stadium there since 1980!

do you think the nfl still has a grudge against the Davis Raiders? I remember the Rozelle /Davis court battle when he moved to LA. Then He won the SB and really made the nfl eat crow! :D

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

do you think the nfl still has a grudge against the Davis Raiders? I remember the Rozelle /Davis court battle when he moved to LA. Then He won the SB and really made the nfl eat crow! :D

NFL is not the issue what so ever. City of Oakland is poor and want to pitch in nothing. They also are corrupt politicians and want a heavy piece of the pie even though they pitched in nothing. Most corrupt city council on the planet. Lost the Warriors, Raiders, and maybe the A’s soon. 

On 1/25/2020 at 8:12 PM, Silver said:

Jacksonville never should have been awarded a team in the first place. That was an idiotic location to put a team.

Agreed. When they got their team, San Antonio was also in contention, but wasn't considered despite having a brand new Alamodome.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:02 PM, Ataal said:

Would love to see a team in Salt Lake City, even though I don't live in Utah anymore.  They would have a rabidly loyal fan base, but the whole Sunday game thing muddies the water quite a bit.  

That is certainly the most valid point regarding Sunday football being problematic in Utah, but I think there could be a workaround, especially if the home games were allowed to be on Saturday night or late afternoon/evenings on Sunday nights after all the services.  While I think there would be some impact on home game attendance, I don't believe it would be a huge hurdle.  

As far as I'm concerned, though, the favorites for me would be to move the Jaguars to London and the Chargers to San Antonio (or Salt Lake City).  St. Louis shouldn't get a third crack, Mexico City is too dangerous, Toronto cares more about the CFL than the NFL, and the others are just far too close to other NFL markets.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, N4L said:

Mexico City is not safe. It's the kidnaping capital of the world. 

I know someone who is from there, who told me that when her mother dies she won't be able to go to the funeral, because the local gangs (who know she now lives in America) will find her and rob her blind 

Does that sound like a place guys will want to raise a family? Also, the air quality there is horrendous 

Does it make financial sense for the NFL to move there? Sure. Does that mean it's a good idea? No. 

We shouldn't have an NFL team in Mexico City but this isn't true. 

56 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

We shouldn't have an NFL team in Mexico City but this isn't true. 

Ok, maybe there are places in the world with higher rates per capita, but the fact remains that kidnapping in mexico city is highly prevalent and getting worse

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/11/17276638/mexico-kidnappings-crime-cartels-drug-trade 

https://www.insightcrime.org/news/brief/rise-targeted-kidnappings-concern-mexico-city/

first two links on google

I wouldn't touch Mexico City with a thousand-foot pole. Leave Canada alone; they have the CFL.

First two cities under consideration should be San Antonio and St. Louis. I'd like to say San Diego, but weren't the Chargers having trouble drawing fans before Spanos moved out? St. Louis still wants a team (if their turnout for the XFL Battlehawks is any indication), and San Antonio made their case when 30,000+ fans regularly showed up to watch their first-year AAF team, the Commanders. That was impressive.

Edited by y*so*blu

A Canada team would end up like either LA or San Diego.

A bunch of largely fairweather fans that would see attendance drop sharply after a few bad years....or a team that would likely have more attendance and support for opposing teams on a regular basis.