General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

39 minutes ago, N4L said:

Id rather draft a G than pay one 10m per year. 

Teams don't just trade good OL for peanuts. 

Why is Car trading him? 

Glad to hear the AA news. I like the idea of sitting buck and AA down and selling each guy on the idea they get to keep playing together. 

The guy has made 5 straight Pro Bowls and he's only 26. Panthers fans will tell you he got paid and his play fell off but I'd definitely take a long look if I were Lynch. Turner would soldify the interior for the foreseeable future and make finding a heir apparent to Richburg our only real concern moving forward. He still has two years left on his deal. He's owed 12.5 mil this year and I think over 15 mil for 2021 but we can always extend him and make those numbers work in our favor. 

Carolina is going full rebuild w/o coming right out and saying it. New coach with a six year deal, new staff. More than likely they're trying to stockpile picks and revamp the roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

You can do this with anything though. I would have rather drafted a quarterback than paid Jimmy 27 a year. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Teams don't just trade good OL for peanuts. 

Why is Car trading him? 

Well no, you have to include some cashews. Sorry, couldn't help it. 

I'll be curious to see what he gets in return. Maybe its not as much as I think. There really isn't a comparable. Zeitler would have been, but that was a football trade.

As for why...I think 757 is right. I think Carolina is legitimately about to go scorched Earth over the next two years

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

The guy has made 5 straight Pro Bowls and he's only 26. Panthers fans will tell you he got paid and his play fell off but I'd definitely take a long look if I were Lynch. Turner would soldify the interior for the foreseeable future and make finding a heir apparent to Richburg our only real concern moving forward. He still has two years left on his deal. He's owed 12.5 mil this year and I think over 15 mil for 2021 but we can always extend him and make those numbers work in our favor. 

Carolina is going full rebuild w/o coming right out and saying it. New coach with a six year deal, new staff. More than likely they're trying to stockpile picks and revamp the roster.

I think we've seen that Lynch seems to overpay for everything except for guards. I don't think Turner will be in our thinking

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Forge said:
14 hours ago, N4L said:

You can do this with anything though. I would have rather drafted a quarterback than paid Jimmy 27 a year. 

Yeah but I feel like good zbs Gs can be found about as late as Shanahan running backs

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Well no, you have to include some cashews. Sorry, couldn't help it. 

Cashews and peanuts are fineto trade away, but walnuts and pistachios is where I draw the line 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

I think we've seen that Lynch seems to overpay for everything except for guards. I don't think Turner will be in our thinking

I agree my guess is Brunskil vs Person's for the starting job is the only change possibly. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I agree my guess is Brunskil vs Person's for the starting job is the only change possibly. 

Yeah, I'm a little surprised they still see brunskill as a guard as opposed to a tackle

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'm a little surprised they still see brunskill as a guard as opposed to a tackle

Same but tbh he's better then Persons. So idk I think he can be our starter when Staley retires and they move McG to LT. But that might be a year.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I wanted him to start in the Superbowl over person. Best 5 on the field 

Also, I knew Chris Jones was a horrible matchup for person. Especially a person with an injured neck 

Person is the ultimate jag. Except he's jap. Just a person 

I think the upside with Brunskill is so much higher than it is with Person. If you have 5 Person's you have a average line at basically everything but nothing special either. I have said before if Person is you worst starter on the O-line you have a pretty decent line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Ugh. Really don't want Brady a 49er. Give us a break. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115da1d011adc6ceb4cb

Not a fan of mortgaging our future for a one to two year window either. There are worse things than having Brady on the roster though. If Shanny and Lynch don’t have any faith in Jimmy, what the hell, go for it;  a move like this would show that our leadership doesn’t see a future with Jimmy and, if that’s the case, there’s no sense in dragging it on. If they did do this we better be getting something for Jimmy and we better be drafting a QB fairly high. At the end of the day, I don’t see any way this happens. I think Brady probably wants to come here and it makes for a good story, so people are pushing it. I’d be very surprised if Jimmy wasn’t our QB next year.

• Like 2