News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Ravens are trying to get out of the Earl contract. If they do cut him, he’s like 99% to come here, I imagine.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

How is having a 3 way, with your brother, or anyone for that matter potentially in violation of your contract?

There can't be such a thing as a fidelity clause in a pro contract....

I was wondering if Goodell would try to suspend Thomas' wife for 6 games, like she can't come and watch... lol

13 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

How is having a 3 way, with your brother, or anyone for that matter potentially in violation of your contract?

I was wondering if Goodell would try to suspend Thomas' wife for 6 games, like she can't come and watch... lol

I’m not a lawyer, but it does seem like Earl would have a pretty strong legal case if the Ravens try to void his guarantees. Maybe the Ravens just bite the bullet on the cap and cut him anyway?

46 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

I think its because he was:

1. in a police investigation
  2. didnt report it

But the main reason why they want to cut him is that he was apparently insubordinate to the coaches and not good on the field. 

9 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

How much, if at all, would you guys want ET??

based on current roster, playing ability and potential good/bad locker-room chemistry etc..

Bad last couple years, sex scandal that almost got him killed.... I dunno. 1yr ~$5m with a 2yr option

• Like 1

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

How much, if at all, would you guys want ET??

based on current roster, playing ability and potential good/bad locker-room chemistry etc..

I think I'm good. Xavier Woods is on a contract year and I really want to see what Donovan Wilson can do.

Plus Haha-C-Dix is still there competing for a spot.

The off-the-field drama currently surround him doesn't match his play at this moment and quite honestly might stunt our younger players with potential.

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don't know if it's just players piling onto an easy target now, but given how often we've heard statements like this, I have my doubts.  Also find it a little interesting that KR is still unemployed. Seems like a pretty massive fall for someone who was mentioned and interviewed for HC vacancies. 

I'll admit I was fully aboard the JG train....then the KR train. I won't miss any of them.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don't know if it's just players piling onto an easy target now, but given how often we've heard statements like this, I have my doubts.  Also find it a little interesting that KR is still unemployed. Seems like a pretty massive fall for someone who was mentioned and interviewed for HC vacancies. 

I'll admit I was fully aboard the JG train....then the KR train. I won't miss any of them.

I remember when there was talk of us losing Linehan after his one good year as OC. Did Jerry give him a fat contract to stay? I don't remember... These guys agents must be paying media to get these guys names out there in HC circles...

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I think we still underestimate just how much the coaching staff held this team back. It can’t be overstated

Remember Fredbeard turning and screaming at the sideline after Zeke got stuffed on 3rd and 2 against the Vikings, because a toss play to the short side of the field against the alignment they were in is just doomed to fail? Or Hurns complaining about all the comebacks we were running against Houston (including one that was picked off or almost) and how those are the worst routes to run against the style of Cover 2 they were playing

Frederick and Hurns aren’t malcontents. They’re good, bright dudes. What other team has to overcome this kind of thing?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think we still underestimate just how much the coaching staff held this team back. It can’t be overstated

Remember Fredbeard turning and screaming at the sideline after Zeke got stuffed on 3rd and 2 against the Vikings, because a toss play to the short side of the field against the alignment they were in is just doomed to fail? Or Hurns complaining about all the comebacks we were running against Houston (including one that was picked off or almost) and how those are the worst routes to run against the style of Cover 2 they were playing

Frederick and Hurns aren’t malcontents. They’re good, bright dudes. What other team has to overcome this kind of thing?

It's too generic of a stance, but it's almost as if a talented roster was able to overcome the shortcomings of a coaching staff/organization. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

It's too generic of a stance, but it's almost as if a talented roster was able to overcome the shortcomings of a coaching staff/organization. 

I mean...when they’re doing stuff like this? I feel like we’re lucky we weren’t a bottom of the barrel team every year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Bad last couple years, sex scandal that almost got him killed.... I dunno. 1yr ~$5m with a 2yr option

I’d be 100% on board with that!

And, do you think he’d play with grudge ufck anger because he was cut and had to find a new team?

Edited by plan9misfit