Joe Burrow may force his way out of the Cincinnati Bengals

DigInBoys

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Leverage location, sure - but whether it was Dallas or Cleveland, Garrett was the #1 pick in the draft. Had Cleveland went in any other direction, John Lynch runs to the podium with card in hand and hits Goodell like he was Joe Horn going over the middle to scream the Garrett selection; He doesn't even take Chicago's call at that point.

That's more than fair (the other 1%).  I was thinking that there was some small chatter about Cleveland needing a QB more, and was thought to be considering taking one at 1.1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

That's more than fair (the other 1%).  I was thinking that there was some small chatter about Cleveland needing a QB more, and was thought to be considering taking one at 1.1

Cleveland did need a QB - and there was significant discussion of a QB being taken at 1.12, a pick they had in that draft. The board then broke out in a very odd way, with Mitch Trubisky going 1.2 and Patrick Mahomes going 1.10. Cleveland was at 1.12 with Deshaun Watson on the board and elected to punt the decision by trading the pick to the Texans. 

I'm sure there was talk of QB at 1.1, but who knows what's all said between now and the draft. I'm sure there will be talk of the Bengals moving the pick, there will be talk of the Bengals being "blown away" at Chase Young's pro day, there will be talk that the Bengals are bigger fans of Justin Herbert...

The chatter will be all over the place in a few days.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Cleveland did need a QB - and there was significant discussion of a QB being taken at 1.12, a pick they had in that draft. The board then broke out in a very odd way, with Mitch Trubisky going 1.2 and Patrick Mahomes going 1.10. Cleveland was at 1.12 with Deshaun Watson on the board and elected to punt the decision by trading the pick to the Texans. 

Cleveland was going to draft Mahomes at #12 assuming he was there, but KC traded up to get him, and as a result, the Browns FO have disagreement with Hue Jackson (because, Browns of course) in that Watson was the #1 player ranked on their board but Hue wanted to get Malik Hooker, so the Browns FO decided to trade back, load up on picks, and get their 2nd ranked overall Safety (Peppers) to pacify Hue and then drafted their QB the next year.

As always:

Hue-Jackson-Foundation.jpg

BTW, his foundation supports efforts to combat human trafficking in Cleveland

(I'm serious)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I mean, this guy is an absolute moron. I’m not sure if he believes what he says - if he’s actually this ignorant - or if he’s doing this for clicks and views. Did anyone else watch Matt Stafford last season before his injury? The man was playing out of his mind and the team was still 3-4-1 when he went down. The issue isn’t Stafford, and there is no need to “change your franchise”. 

Let's assume for a second that you believe Matthew Stafford is a franchise QB who is capable of winning a Super Bowl (or two).  How long will it take before the Lions are in the mix for a playoff spot, let alone winning a Super Bowl?  I think even the most optimistic of fans would say they're 2-3 years away.  And that's assuming they make all the right moves.  At that point, Matthew Stafford is 34 years old with one year, $26M left on his contract.  So you're looking at another long-term deal in the seasons in which he likely declines in play.  Given his age, it's probably time to start thinking about life after Stafford especially given the state of the Lions' roster.  If they can keep Stafford healthy AND he's as productive as he was prior to the injury, he's a very valuable commodity especially since the 2 year, $49M deal that the team acquiring him from would be responsible for.  That $24.5M/year would rank as the 12th highest AAV.  I'd imagine any team that misses out on Trevor Lawrence or Justin Field would be interested, especially a contender.

So...if the Lions think Tua is a franchise QB, I think they'd be foolish to pass on him simply because they have Matthew Stafford.  Draft Tua, redshirt him this year behind Matthew Stafford, and deal Stafford next year.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

But not “toffee flavored” bourbon. 

lol.

https://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/wl-weller

W.L. Weller Special Reserve

The Original Wheated Bourbon Whiskey features an exceptionally smooth taste, substituting wheat for rye grain. Bottled at 90 proof, this bourbon stands out with its burnt orange color. Its softer flavor notes make this bourbon great for sipping or making cocktails.

TASTING NOTES:

A sweet nose with a presence of caramel. Tasting notes of honey, butterscotch, and a soft woodiness. It's smooth, delicate and calm. Features a smooth finish with a sweet honeysuckle flair.

@LETSGOBROWNIES @ET80 Tell him he's an idiot for making fun of me