Is there any team you think should have a 2019 Dolphins style tear down?

CP3MVP

Seems like the Panthers are sort of halfway doing this in so far as they've got a new coach on a long-term deal and are at least getting ready to tank for next year to get Lawrence, but I don't think you approach a Dolphins-style rebuild until you start selling off prime assets and it doesn't seem like they're going to do that. I don't think it would be a crazy idea for them to sell of CMC for a king's ransom right now, though. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

The Browns rebuild every year, heck they're doing it this year lol. I don't think the current regime survives this year because browns. 

Rebuild implies that they've "built" before, which they haven't...so, you're wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Rebuild implies that they've "built" before, which they haven't...so, you're wrong.

Rebuild is a term with no set definition for football, just because there was never a house in Cleveland doesn't mean they didn't try to build one and failed so thus a rebuild. 

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

You're nuts. 

Imo, Buccaneers. Outside of a few rookie pieces and maybe Godwin, this team has very little hope of actually consistently competing. They dont have a QB even if Winston stays. Maybe even especially if he does.

It's about time they tear it down, get draft capital and rebuild.

Very rude. 

You don't need to be terrible before being good. This is a huge misconception. No one even waited for the Browns to be good before talking about how them accepting terrible for several years was some brilliant path to glory. For a couple years, a lot of people were saying the Browns were in a much better shape to compete than the Ravens who were on the border of the playoffs with an overpaid and average performing QB. Titans were perennially mocked as a the biggest treadmill team, and they got the conference championship before the genius teams, who tanked.

As @N4L and @BaltimoreTerp have alluded to. Particularly if they cut ties with Cam Newton this off-season I don't think the Panthers have any interested in winning more than 2-3 games next year and being in the Lawrence sweepstakes. Kuechly's retirement alongside some potential cuts are at the right time.

I don't think they'll trade away their talent to the extent the Dolphins did, doubt anyone in Charlotte would be unhappy with a 2-14 season and the #1 Pick in 2021.

Given Brees is a year or so out from retirement probably. Falcons are in cap hell and the Bucs QB situation is up in the air/still need more talent. It might not be the worst decision to make.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

You don't need to be terrible before being good. This is a huge misconception. No one even waited for the Browns to be good before talking about how them accepting terrible for several years was some brilliant path to glory. For a couple years, a lot of people were saying the Browns were in a much better shape to compete than the Ravens who were on the border of the playoffs with an overpaid and average performing QB. Titans were perennially mocked as a the biggest treadmill team, and they got the conference championship before the genius teams, who tanked.

In that case, what do you suggest teams that perennially go 7-9 every year do? I know blowing it up isn't likely to bring the change people want, but if you hit 7-9/8-8 for so long, fans get frustrated and resent the folks running the show. "Stop being mediocre" isn't really much of a prescription.

6 minutes ago, Hukos said:

In that case, what do you suggest teams that perennially go 7-9 every year do? I know blowing it up isn't likely to bring the change people want, but if you hit 7-9/8-8 for so long, fans get frustrated and resent the folks running the show. "Stop being mediocre" isn't really much of a prescription.

Try to get better, not worse. I'm not saying you should keep a GM who gets 7 wins for 5 straight years, but that team needs to make moves to go from 7 to 10,  not 7 to 4 to 3 to 5 to 10.

A 7 win team has enough draft capital to make moves to win 3 more games, assuming they can do their job well.

Edited by wackywabbit

19 hours ago, FinSting said:

Winning record over the last 9 games of 2019. A whopping three 1st-rd picks in 2020. Two 2nd-rd picks in 2020. Two 1st-rd picks in 2021. Two 2nd-rd picks in 2021. 

This formula should be in the Smithsonian. Except it's the same formula Jimmy Johnson did starting in 1989 so he gets full credit. 

Hinke died for our wins.

11 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Lamar and the ravens choke every year so they'll never win anything. 

- your logic

2 Eric Mangini 20092010 32 10 22 0 .313   [32]
13 Pat Shurmur 20112012 32 9 23 0 .281   [33]
14 Rob Chudzinski* 2013 16 4 12 0 .250   [34]
15 Mike Pettine* 20142015 32 10 22 0 .313   [35]
16 Hue Jackson 20162018 40 3 36 1 .088   [36]
Gregg Williams[N 8] 2018 8 5 3 0 .625   [37]
17 Freddie Kitchens* 2019 16 6 10 0 .375    
18 Kevin Stefanski* 2020–present 0 0 0 0  

The browns have had 4 head coaches in the span of 5 years my dude. They fired the only guy with a winning record. 

The browns try out a new set of tires and if they don't do well for a year they just throw out the entire car. 

Nice try to apply "the cleveland browns logic" to the ravens.