Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

no, this is exactly whats wrong with all politics... on every side. Its all theatrics. to think they are now locked into this promise is foolish, im pretty sure she realizes that as well. Additionally, you have healthcare professionals on the news saying not every person needs to be tested, even if youre have some symptoms like a cough or something, they wouldnt jump right to corona virus and would rule out other things beforehand.

She didn't say everyone should run to the doctor and demand a free test.  She said take the precautions outlined by the CDC, call beforehand, and work with your doctor to determine if a test is necessary.  

Although at this point unless you're a member of the Utah Jazz you aren't getting tested. 

I’m a teacher and I don’t really get closing the schools if it’s not in your community. You close for two weeks... then go back. If someone gets it after that are you closing again for another two weeks?  This isn’t like a snow storm that comes in for a few days and then leaves

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I’m a teacher and I don’t really get closing the schools if it’s not in your community. You close for two weeks... then go back. If someone gets it after that are you closing again for another two weeks?  This isn’t like a snow storm that comes in for a few days and then leaves

The goal is to "flatten the curve" so that instead of a huge spike of cases that overload hospitals, it gets spread out to a level that hospitals can manage. 

7 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

It's for 3 weeks, and it may be longer.

23 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

She didn't say everyone should run to the doctor and demand a free test.  She said take the precautions outlined by the CDC, call beforehand, and work with your doctor to determine if a test is necessary.  

Although at this point unless you're a member of the Utah Jazz you aren't getting tested. 

i never said she said that? but also, that doesnt address anything else. Why was there need for the dramatics? What recourse does she really have if he says he meant it at the time but new information become available. And again, most importantly, why wase the guys time with information you already knew? wouldnt logic dictate that if he absolutely had to be brought in, that you would want to get him in and out as quick as possible as Im sure hes got slightly more important things to handle? both sides do this so its not a political thing, just dont pat people on the back for stuff like this.

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Because if we don’t flatten the curve and instead continue to allow a faster than exponential growth of cases, our entire ability to stop the virus from destroying the entire country goes out the window. We have to slow the spread so we can actually have enough resources to handle it. 

A million people getting it over the next 2 months is a lot easier to deal with than a million people getting it in a week.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t think it’s a guarantee a lot of these schools will be reopening in 3 weeks tbh.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think it’s a guarantee a lot of these schools will be reopening in 3 weeks tbh.

I teach at a large international school in Beijing. We closed Feb. 2 with a return date of Feb. 16. We still aren't open and likely won't be until mid-April. 

• Like 1