Possible cut casualties?

Skippy

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's all based on a premise that Linsley will only be in GB for 2020 .. then at that point you'd have to replace him at center with somebody.  Who better than the talented center they drafted in the second round in 2019?  I get the point about not wanting mess with him if he's already a good left guard, but he very well may have been drafted to be the eventual replacement for Linsley?  We have options at least if the Packers feel they need Linsley's dough to keep Bulaga long term, or spend on Dline, etc.

Why are we doing ANYTHING that will impact our chances next year? Next year is pretty much it. 

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's all based on a premise that Linsley will only be in GB for 2020 .. then at that point you'd have to replace him at center with somebody.  Who better than the talented center they drafted in the second round in 2019?  I get the point about not wanting mess with him if he's already a good left guard, but he very well may have been drafted to be the eventual replacement for Linsley?  We have options at least if the Packers feel they need Linsley's dough to keep Bulaga long term, or spend on Dline, etc.

Worry about that in 2021. Hell why can't it be Patrick in 2021, or draft someone? Why do we need to get rid of Linsley right now? Its also pretty clear they want Jenkins at guard since they unseated Taylor 3 games into the season last year for him. 

25 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Worry about that in 2021. Hell why can't it be Patrick in 2021, or draft someone? Why do we need to get rid of Linsley right now? Its also pretty clear they want Jenkins at guard since they unseated Taylor 3 games into the season last year for him. 

You want to replace an OL every other year with a cheap contract, minimum. We need to draft either a future C or immediate RT/G this year, depending on Bulaga’s medical.

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So the plan for some is to cut a starter, creating a hole to fill?

Use that money to fill a different hole.

No, that's not the plan. The condition precedent to cutting Linsley would obviously be "Are you comfortable with Patrick as the starter?" If the Packers answer that question "yes," then talking about cutting Linsley is not at all a crazy idea. If the answer is "no" then the conversation ends. It's pretty simple. Hell, I'd argue we are better off at replacing Linsley right now than we were with Daniels when we cut him. Unless GB knew he was going to be an injury bust all season like he was in Detroit, we essentially cut our 2nd best IDL thinking we were okay with Adams and Lowry to replace his production -- and they fell way short. The gap between Linsley and Patrick and A LOT closer than Daniels - Adams. 

Edited by packfanfb

27 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No, that's not the plan. The condition precedent to cutting Linsley would obviously be "Are you comfortable with Patrick as the starter?" If the Packers answer that question "yes," then talking about cutting Linsley is not at all a crazy idea. If the answer is "no" then the conversation ends. It's pretty simple. Hell, I'd argue we are better off at replacing Linsley right now than we were with Daniels when we cut him. Unless GB knew he was going to be an injury bust all season like he was in Detroit, we essentially cut our 2nd best IDL thinking we were okay with Adams and Lowry to replace his production -- and they fell way short. The gap between Linsley and Patrick and A LOT closer than Daniels - Adams. 

Lowry replaced Daniels and I'd argue that gap is exactly the same. Lucas Patrick is a below average starting player. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lowry replaced Daniels and I'd argue that gap is exactly the same. Lucas Patrick is a below average starting player. 

Object, your honor. Daniels had a serious injury. Linsley has none. Only other reason to cut a quality starting player is cap space. We have plenty. Continuity matters. I was open to the thought of it but that’s the entire argument for me in a bit she’ll.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd say Patrick is about average. I remember he played in a few games this past year when Linsley dropped out and I don't remember hearing his name which is a good thing. 

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd say Patrick is about average. I remember he played in a few games this past year when Linsley dropped out and I don't remember hearing his name which is a good thing. 

You can hide IOL. I’m not going to pretend I know much about him but reading between the lines Patrick signed for backup depth money and he was graded a 48 on pff. This means essentially two sources in the know (his  agent  and a grading site) think he’s depth. 

36 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Object, your honor. Daniels had a serious injury. Linsley has none. Only other reason to cut a quality starting player is cap space. We have plenty. Continuity matters. I was open to the thought of it but that’s the entire argument for me in a bit she’ll.

If you also have a young alternative that matters (like Taylor a few years back). I don’t see that guy on the roster though (Madison is probably getting IR’d due to his injury timing and Patrick signed for depth money). I think the plan is to role with Linsely and Patrick this year. Madison was supposed to take Patrick’s spot and challenge for a spot this year but between the gap year and injury that plan is dead. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

AhQbEPg.gif

This is the guy you want to replace a top 7 Center with the 15th highest cap hit for?

Dont be silly AG.

Corey Linsley had these type of snaps too. DJ Jones killed Corey Linsley in our 1st game against 49ers. He missed to pickup Blitzes against chargers too. 

Anyway we can’t pay everyone on Oline and Arod advocated for Lucas Patrick. So I guess we will cut Corey Linsley for sure.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

He's a center. You dont hear their names unless a snap is botched. Very rare they're ever 1-1 in pass pro.