Vikings extend QB Kirk Cousins (Two years)

RaidersAreOne

Kirk Cousins had the highest passer rating of any NFL QB in the month of November. He completed 105 of 145 passes (72.4 percent) in five November games, throwing for 1,293 yards with 12 touchdowns and just one interception.

Here's where Cousins ranks in the past five weeks: First in passer rating (124.3), second in touchdown to interception ratio (12-1), third in completion percentage (72.4), third in touchdown passes, and fifth in net passing yards per attempt (8.6).

vikings.com

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Congratulations to Cousins.  He deserves the attention.  However, I don't believe for one second that he will sustain his current level of play.  I've seen this movie one to many times.

Kirk is always going to have flashes of brilliance. Sometimes they're even sustained for a period of time. But he always has those few moments that kill momentum or games where he just craps the bed. Such is life with Top 10-15 type of QB. 

The hope is that he hits a streak at the right time like Joe Flacco did. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

I agree that he has been generally been playing at this level for the better part of 2 year, but I would also point out that he's turnovers returned for TD's the last 2 weeks.  He's good, but not  as good as the recent stats suggest.

One was his fault in Carolina. The other was entirely on Dalvin Cook.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He’s shown more than enough to be the QB through his contract. I’ve enjoyed watching him this year, particularly the last few games with him using his legs when defenses get caught in man coverage. 

keep him in the system, build the line in front of him, and stop running on 2nd and long. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I still want to replace him sooner than later.  Not sure I will ever truly trust him in the clutch.

I would rephrase it to say that I want his eventual replacement in sooner rather than later.  I've been slightly irritated for years at Spielman's inability to make the starting QB feel uneasy about his position.  That's never been the case with any other position, so I don't know what the fear is in doing it to the QB.  He never did it with (along with Childress) Tarvaris, never did it with Ponder, never did it with Teddy and has never done it with Kirk as well.  He always brings in players who are non-threatening...guys like MBT, Heinicke, Hill, Cassel, Siemian, Sloter, Webb, and now Mannion, Browning and Stanley.  None of them really ever were or are going to threaten the starter, outside of injury (which happened with Case Keenum).