Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

which i think is meant to be complimentary to Spielman from you, right?

it's like selling a house for a premium price, right before you decided it wasn't going to work out for you any more.

Right. Look at what the Texans got for Hopkins after that fallout. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so Spielman turns a 5th in to a 1st and other picks, and with Harris might turn a UDFA in to a 3rd or a 4th or maybe even better, and will get a 3rd comp for Trae Waynes moving on...

yet still pitchforks are being sharpened.

tough crowd.

That's not what happened. Diggs isn't a random fifth. He's now a known quantity. Not even close to what happened.

Or should the Patriots have traded Brady years ago, so they could turn him into a first?

Really, this is a terrible, not logical, argument people are making. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

That's not what happened. Diggs isn't a random fifth. He's now a known quantity. Not even close to what happened.

Or should the Patriots have traded Brady years ago, so they could turn him into a first?

Patriots traded a lot of players in their prime though. Known quantities that they did turn into draft capital.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

That's not what happened. Diggs isn't a random fifth. He's now a known quantity.

it could be argued Diggs' future, should he have remained on the team, was not a known quantity. would he hold out? refuse to come to practices? continue public comments, possibly turning in to tirades? would he have influenced other potential free agents to stay away from the Vikings? as examples of unknown quantities...

if you are going to apply a known and unknown type of analysis to his physical abilities, then you have to, fairly, apply it to the other considerations that go in to employing him.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

it could be argued Diggs' future, should he have remained on the team, was not a known quantity. would he hold out? refuse to come to practices? continue public comments, possibly turning in to tirades? would he have influenced other potential free agents to stay away from the Vikings? as examples of unknown quantities...

if you are going to apply a known and unknown type of analysis to his physical abilities, then you have to, fairly, apply it to the other considerations that go in to employing him.

This is so far from the point @PrplChilPill was making, that the only way to take it is as deliberately obtuse. 

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

This is so far from the point @PrplChilPill was making, that the only way to take it is as deliberately obtuse. 

well, that's rude.

i guess i just didn't understand his point well enough, and was trying to converse civilly with an old online friend.

jeez, i just won't be a part of these conversations if i'm going to be attacked and insulted. see ya later, guys.

Edited by vike daddy

Just now, vike daddy said:

well, that's rude.

i guess i just didn't understand his point, and was trying to converse civilly with an old online friend.

jeez, i just won't be a part of these conversations if i'm going to be attacked and insulted. see ya later, guys.

hey, message me

23 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Then I fall into the same camp as @vike daddy, what is the point?  That you should completely only consider the performance on the field and completely ignore everything else associated with the individual in question?  Reality doesn't work that way...nor should it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Stefon Diggs isn't Tom Brady, and just about everyone else outside franchise QB's can be justified being traded for draft capital.