How does Brady's Buccaneers do this season?

RaidersAreOne

How does Brady's Buccaneers do this season?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do you think they'll achieve?

• Very badly, NFL cellar dwellers - 0-3 wins
    • Poorly, Major disappointment - 4-6 wins
    • Decent, Playoff hopeful - 7-9 wins
    • Good, Playoff contender 10-12
    • Great, League elite - 13-17

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Winston was terrible with great weapons. Brady was significantly better with his number 1 WR being injured enough to need surgery and a Corp that led the league in drops. 

Brady also had a very good offensive line while Winston had a below average offensive line.

47 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Brady also had a very good offensive line while Winston had a below average offensive line.

And you need to have people to throw to for stats to look good. Winston had people open. Brady didn’t. 

And also you are being disengenous. Brady’s starting center missed the whole season with a blood clot. His starting tackle missed a huge chunk of the season on IR. Then Newhouse who was arguably the worst lineman in the league git significant playing time. 

Brady is a now below-average QB who has had a HOF career. NFC South is solid, and significantly better as a division than the AFC East has been. NFC North has three tough teams (Packers, Vikings, and Bears) and AFC West has the Chiefs plus three other competitive teams. Tampa's strength has been throwing down the field, which has been Brady's weakness at this point in his career.

I don't see any better than 8-8 to be honest.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lancerman said:

And you need to have people to throw to for stats to look good. Winston had people open. Brady didn’t. 

And also you are being disengenous. Brady’s starting center missed the whole season with a blood clot. His starting tackle missed a huge chunk of the season on IR. Then Newhouse who was arguably the worst lineman in the league git significant playing time. 

And despite all that, the Patriots offensive line was better than the Bucs. I'd love to see a stat that says otherwise.

14 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

And despite all that, the Patriots offensive line was better than the Bucs. I'd love to see a stat that says otherwise.

I'm inclined to believe that Winston's underrated ability to move in the pocket contributed, but the team's offensive line was better at pass blocking than they typically got credit for:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

If you prefer rawer stats, Winston's time-to-throw was actually better last season than Brady's:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing

Their run blocking was hot trash though, I'll grant you.

Edited by JudeMorrigan
  • Like 1

Belicheat is busy scheming his retirement press conference.  I'm sure it'll be another masterpiece. 

Brady in the NFC is highly amusing at first glance but his injury luck is going to run out. He's been productive with so many different (and often average) players I'm sure he can put up quality numbers if healthy.

19 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

You’re an incredibly narrow minded person and a Tom Brady hater for God only knows why.

That's not being narrow minded. 

You're a butthurt New England fan who's depressed now since your "savior" is gone.  

Not a Tom Brady hater either.  He literally has no chance of winning the Super Bowl ever again.  

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

That's not being narrow minded. 

You're a butthurt New England fan who's depressed now since your "savior" is gone.  

Not a Tom Brady hater either.  He literally has no chance of winning the Super Bowl ever again.  

What do you mean the savior is gone? Belichick is still the head coach and Robert Kraft is still the owner. If anything I have been invigorated by this Brady move. I am super excited for him. I think it was the best possible decision for him, the Patriots, and the Buccaneers. The chances of the Buccaneers and Tom Brady winning the Super Bowl went up because they joined forces. Maybe if Brady had stayed in New England his chances of winning another Super Bowl were lower...

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Bucs OL gave Winston more time to throw than the Patriots this year by a half second.

do you mean winston held on to the ball a half second longer than brady? as in average time to throw? because brady has always gotten the ball out of his hands quickly.

average time to pressure would be a better indicator imo.