Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The spreading bad medical advice really gets me.  I wish that there was a way for Twitter and other places to take care of those bots.  

For me, if I am looking at social media of my own and who is pushing for this, it's absolutely the older part of the workforce.  

Lol they absolutely do but it would piss off half of america so they dont do it

We are providing free access to the most important news and useful guidance on the coronavirus outbreak to help readers understand the pandemic. Log in or create an account to read all of the articles on this page.

https://www.nytimes.com/news-event/coronavirus?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200522&instance_id=18692&nl=the-morning&regi_id=127802529&segment_id=28804&te=1&user_id=0ec3b530f45ff5c070e34ae9b6fc8ea1

The Washington Post is providing this story for free so that all readers have access to this important information about the coronavirus. For more free stories, sign up for our daily Coronavirus Updates newsletter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/

14 hours ago, Xenos said:

I'm assuming the guy who took it away is also a manager. No one probably wanted to confront him before either. It's a difficult situation when it comes to conflict and confrontation. As someone who had to deal with things like this in the past (I worked at a bank for a long time), it's incredibly hard on my nerves especially when I was in a supervisory role. You want to ease conflict but sometimes customers just lack common sense. I remember being yelled at and threatened because I wouldn't give this guy tens of thousands of dollars because he forgot his ID. Obviously, I should have recognized him right off the bat and given him exactly what he wanted since he was such a valuable customer ¬¬

I love the confrontation and being able to put unruly customers in their place.

They think they can threaten me with contacting corporate, but contacting corporate does absolutely nothing as long as it's a policy issue.  They can't do ****. 

What sucks is how well these petulant intimidation attempts work on so many people.  The guy in the video probably strutted around waiting, internally begging to be confronted on it, and some other employees probably said something to him and he probably intimidated his way out of wearing a mask until that manager came along and was tired of the BS. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blahstoise said:

5% of the country

The UK has a population of 67M. With that exposure rate 3.34M have/had the bug. Deaths to date according to the NHS is about 36,000. Doing the arithmetic the estimated mortality rate is slightly above 1%.

4 minutes ago, TVScout said:

The UK has a population of 67M. With that exposure rate 3.34M have/had the bug. Deaths to date according to the NHS is about 36,000. Doing the arithmetic the estimated mortality rate is slightly above 1%.

Not clarified if it's UK, or England, so possibly better news. Excess deaths are around 51,000 so may be even higher.

95% have serious comorbidity. Deaths in hospitals are now below average. IFR heavily influenced by age.

But does look like a above 1% IFR

48 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Population is 8.9M. With that exposure rate 1.5M have/had the bug. CV-19 total body count is 5854 which figures to a mortality rate of 1 in 258.

A source: https://www.mylondon.news/news/health/london-coronavirus-live-fears-london-18292953

My guess is that's a more realistic IFR, across the UK I suspect a lot have contracted the disease in care facilities and hospitals, making IFR look higher