Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

37 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

I guess I can see why they wouldn't require it,  I do not have kids but I can't imagine a 3 year old is going to actually keep a mask on.  Tough situation.  Hope you and yours stay healthy through this. 

We can get our 3 yo to wear a mask for all of like 30 seconds, lol.  They can't listen to reason at that age, so he just tears it off and screams at us.  Probably the opposite of what you want when trying to contain the spread of a virus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Again it's not about determining the victim wasnt killed by homicide, or the cod not being homicide, it's about the flaws in the reporting methods being used.  

This obviously may have changed, but here's the article from the guy who did the research in July

http://minnesotaconnected.com/news/how-minnesota-covid-19-death-tolls-were-inflated-during-stay-at-home-mn_1316535/

The vast majority of the inflated COVID deaths: 60 in April and 87 in May had been entered with a different intent by the medical examiner or attending physician that completed the death certificate. Those professionals felt that the patient passed away from lung cancer, congenital heart disease, COPD, dementia, Parkinson’s or the like.

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

So where did you get the George Floyd part from?

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Maybe there were confounding factors with his health or whatever else. But to be clear, even if this is the case, it does not matter at all

This brings me back to the 1 semester that I took a law class

I feel like there would be scenarios where someone is charged with murder even if they get listed as dying from something else but i don't know

Just a reminder to take medical advice from non-partisan health professionals.

A combination of drugs touted by US president Donald Trump as an “extremely successful” Covid-19 treatment increases the chances of death among patients by 27 per cent, a study has found.

Hydoxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug also promoted by Brazilian president Jair Bolsanaro, has no impact on coronavirus mortality rates, concluded French scientists. But when patients were treated with the drug as well as with the antibiotic azithromycin, which Mr Trump had also recommended, rate of death rose by more than a quarter, the study found.

News Report

Study

37 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just a reminder to take medical advice from non-partisan health professionals.

News Report

Study

Who owe who could have ever seen this **** coming:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4404501/

Azithromycin and levofloxacin have been shown to be efficacious in treating infections. The adverse drug events associated with azithromycin and levofloxacin were considered rare. However, the US FDA released warnings regarding the possible risk of QT prolongation with azithromycin and levofloxacin.

On 7/28/2020 at 4:51 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sanofi spent millions of dollars on this drug - they only do that when there is positive data. Pharma is one of those industries where everything looks great until it doesn't. Every time you run a study, you learn more and more about the drug, so it's like blackjack where your odds change all the time as you go. There are lots of things you may not have investigated yet that could completely ruin a drug, and until you know them, everything's fine.

In this case, the safety issue in question is called QT prolongation. I think I've explained this before, but if you think of your heart as a revolver, the QT interval is the reload time. That means the longer it gets, the more when under stress the body may try to fire before the heart has "reloaded". If one drug lengthens QT interval, and you give it with another drug that lengthens QT interval, they'll stack and it's possible that you'll actually get a longer reload time than even the sum. So that means there is going to be a certain fraction of the population who is going to be really vulnerable to heart attack if they take this. Not everybody, but if you dose enough people, somebody. 

That's where the risk reward comes into play. We don't really know the thing works, it might a little bit, but we'd be giving a population that trends obese, diabetic, and old a drug that contributes to a potential heart attack when 99.X% of them are going to survive if we just use the current standard of care. Doesn't add up.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3