Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

44 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

MDs and PharmDs do.

yup
And you can be put on the disbarment list by FDA and precluded from working in drug/vaccine development for a variety of offenses

https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/compliance-actions-and-activities/fda-debarment-list-drug-product-applications

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Oh one more thing, if we don't want working from home to be a thing going forward, can we at least accept that meetings CAN be done over the internet now, and hundreds and hundreds of internal flights from NY to Chicago or wherever just for meetings is absolutely a waste of efficiency, energy etc? Introductory meetings; fine,  fly wherever and meet people for the first time. Weekly or monthy team meetings with the same people every time? Do it over zoom, don't need to fly people all the time.

the frequency of short-distance domestic flights in this country is absolutely preposterous. incredible waste of resources and emissions that could be significantly cut down if we had any semblance of a functioning rail system, but alas. perhaps zoom will help some in that regard, though.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I spent 5 years working in a burn unit.

Long story short, 80-90% of significant burns are either because someone was drunk and doing something stupid or something illegal (cooking meth).  Still had access to top shelf care.

Took care of inmates too.

Too many alcoholics and drug addicts to count.

None of that mattered then, it doesn’t matter now, won’t matter in the future.  My job isn’t to judge your life choices, it’s to to get you well.  

That had to be a mentally tough unit to be in.  Good on you for doing that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

That had to be a mentally tough unit to be in.  Good on you for doing that. 

95% + didn’t phase me a bit for various reasons,  it every now and then you’d see some utterly awful stuff that I will never forget.

Many more good days than bad though and plenty of folks have it worse.  Like the poor schmucks in the bed...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

so specifically, what is your plan then?

I do not think it is going to enter this body. I do not want any parts of it. It does not want any parts of me. I think it is a mutual respect. 

• Like 5