Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You deserve 10 footballs for this.

I like to think of myself as a relatively laid back sort of person, but this particular conversation gets me so riled up. You're absolutely right in saying it's criminal.

A large reason is because I’m a parent like you. Reading about how my son’s life could be jeopardized because people don’t believe in vaccinating themselves or their kids because of make belief nonsense just makes me want to Hulk Out sometimes. 

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

You would think a Kennedy would have access to reliable science.  I wonder what his problem is?

It's hubris, most of the time. It's impossible for some people to think they could be wrong - it's everyone else that's wrong, even if science says otherwise.

Hell, we see it daily on this site in Gen...

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

It's hubris, most of the time. It's impossible for some people to think they could be wrong - it's everyone else that's wrong, even if science says otherwise.

Hell, we see it daily on this site in Gen...

Not disagreeing, but it goes both ways.

Most people on this (football) site are overweight or unhealthy middle aged men who think they know more than everyone else because they read an article or study.  Truth is the majority shouldn't be speaking about health and science like they know what's going on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Most people on this (football) site are overweight or unhealthy middle aged men who think they know more than everyone else because they read an article or study.  Truth is the majority shouldn't be speaking about health and science like they know what's going on.

But... something along the lines of vaccines should be a universal truth. There are side effects, sure. Autism is NOT one of them, period.

Anyone arguing otherwise is simply to arrogant to consider anything else, and their rhetoric is dangerous.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes. We should defer to the experts like a significant contingent of well-educated posters here advocate for.

• Like 3

I’ve lost two family members in four months because of this disease. I battled Covid myself for almost two weeks, and it was the worst experience of my life. 

Despite this, my family has been unable to come together (figuratively, of course) on this matter. I still have family that believes that the hospitals just said my cousins died from Covid to get more funding. Those same people try to explain to me that I just had the flu and I’m exaggerating. I’ve seen first hand how our current world can tear families apart. 

I respectfully urge everyone to do their part in our war against this virus. Please do not let ideology become more important than fact. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I’ve lost two family members in four months because of this disease. I battled Covid myself for almost two weeks, and it was the worst experience of my life. 

Wow, so sorry to hear this... Sorry you're dealing with so much division on your side.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Despite this, my family has been unable to come together (figuratively, of course) on this matter. I still have family that believes that the hospitals just said my cousins died from Covid to get more funding. Those same people try to explain to me that I just had the flu and I’m exaggerating. I’ve seen first hand how our current world can tear families apart. 

I respectfully urge everyone to do their part in our war against this virus. Please do not let ideology become more important than fact. 

@Whicker so sorry to hear about your family members .

This virus sucks.  How it has increased the division in families, communities, neighborhoods the country is nothing but frustrating and sad.

• Like 1

Given the current short supply but also the country’s divided feelings about it (what else is new?), do you think it would help if one prominent person from each political spectrum take the vaccine publicly for everyone to see that it is safe? 

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

Prayers and thoughts to you and your family. I am truly sorry that you had to deal with so many physical and emotional challenges 😢

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Given the current short supply but also the country’s divided feelings about it (what else is new?), do you think it would help if one prominent person from each political spectrum take the vaccine publicly for everyone to see that it is safe? 

I don't think the question of the vaccine being safe is so much on the early process, but the long term questions.   Those long term questions are unknown and won't be known until enough time passes. The initial trials were.... could have fever — including rarely high fever — fatigue, headaches, chills, muscle aches, joint pain, enough so that one could miss a day of work.

So, I am not sure how prominent people getting vaccinated would change things much.   Certainly should not hurt, but as we have seen, EVERYTHING can be spun to suit a narrative from either side of the spectrum....unfortunately

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xenos said:

You put a ton of faith in society liking/caring about politicians lol. Maybe California is like that but that's not the case here.

That said, it won't hurt anything but it won't do much IMO. It would be in everyone's best interest if they find people who appeal to the masses more then people in suits. Influencers from all walks of life would go further. Even then, I know my more stubborn friends still wouldn't care. They haven't cared about this at all so they have no reason to start. It would be nice if they did but they won't. I have to believe that my situation isn't isolated either. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

And when those that do know what is going on (who are young, fit, healthy, wealthy, and wise) like the MoL try to share some knowledge, everyone freaks out about our numbers when they’ve proven to be completely accurate time and time again. 

@mission27

• Like 3