TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

22 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'm thinking about popping the question on Christmas...too cheesy? 

Damnit, Des. What’s the rush? More power to you if you know it’s the right thing, but you’re just moving a little fast for us as a forum.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Damnit, Des. What’s the rush? More power to you if you know it’s the right thing, but you’re just moving a little fast for us as a forum.

Not saying we'd get married right away, as there are things I want to work on financially on my side, but taking that next step just feels right. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, D82 said:

Start dating, move in together, get engages all in 1 year.... Tooooooo fast homie. Have you two discussed it? Maybe wait until youve at least been living together for 6+ months together. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Start dating, move in together, get engages all in 1 year.... Tooooooo fast homie. Have you two discussed it? Maybe wait until you've at least been living together for 6+ months together. 

Yup, we've both mentioned engagement. I'll probably end up waiting to be honest, because I've got a couple ideas as to how I want to pop the question and they aren't in the budget right now and I don't want to half-*** this. 

Just kinda sharing the joy. It's been a long time since I've been happy and it feels good. 

• Like 1

Just now, D82 said:

Yup, we've both mentioned engagement. I'll probably end up waiting to be honest, because I've got a couple ideas as to how I want to pop the question and they aren't in the budget right now and I don't want to half-*** this. 

So you have to be the one to propose? Did you just assume your/his gender roles in this relationship?

Thats sexist you pig. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So you have to be the one to propose? Did you just assume your/his gender roles in this relationship?

Thats sexist you pig. 

I would assume he’s doing more than assuming at this point. 

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats sexist you pig. 

😂 No, not at all. From our conversations, we both might end up doing our own proposal thing...see who can top the other. 

10 hours ago, D82 said:

Des, if you found the person that you want to build a life with and that person feels the same way... go for it.  I'm not saying you should IGNORE people telling you to take it slower.  I am saying that if you know it's right then go for it.  IMO its easier to set financial goals, etc when people are 100% committed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

Dallas traffic sucks 

I lived in NYC, Lived in Dallas (1 year) and live in Florida. 

Florida has absolutely the worst drivers. EVERY FREAKIN Day on our major Highway 95, there are deadly accidents. 

NYC is always a Rat race.

But Dallas actually annoyed me in that people in the left lanes NEVER EVER moved the hell over when going slow. Then you have these pickup truck guys going right up your bumper. So definitely didn't miss that one.