Likelihood of an Andrew Luck Trade?

bigbadbuff23835

14 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Irsay's definition of winning team must be the same as Benson's.

I think it would be. I think Irsay's the kind of owner who would stick by Luck even it the team around him degenerated in quality.

I said last week that New Orleans should look to start again and rebuild. Others have been saying it should have happened a few seasons ago. But thinking about it I can see why Benson is reluctant to cut ties with Brees and move on. 

Brees still plays at a top level, even though the team around him can't stop teams scoring, Brees gives you a chance of victory. As easy as it is to say trade Drew Brees, get some value for him whilst he still can and rebuild the team, we all know how hard it is to find a franchise QB in this league. It'must be so difficult to let go.

The only reason we let Manning go was we had the Number 1 pick and took a QB who had one of the highest projections to be NFL quality in a long time. Ironically we're in a very similar position this season. Franchise QB is injured, don't know when he's coming back and there's QB's coming into the draft with high projections to be NFL quality. There's even been media speculation that we'll sit Andrew Luck for the season and go for the tank to see if we can't pick up a Darnold or a Rosen.

Don't think we would do that. I do think when Luck's fit he will play. If we do end up with an early pick that could be used for a QB I think we'd be very open to trade offers. 

If New Orleans get that same early pick though I do think would be the trigger to start afresh. Can't see the Saints turning down the opportunity to take their next franchise QB and rebuilding the team.

17 hours ago, PFM18 said:

I think it would be. I think Irsay's the kind of owner who would stick by Luck even it the team around him degenerated in quality.

I said last week that New Orleans should look to start again and rebuild. Others have been saying it should have happened a few seasons ago. But thinking about it I can see why Benson is reluctant to cut ties with Brees and move on. 

Brees still plays at a top level, even though the team around him can't stop teams scoring, Brees gives you a chance of victory. As easy as it is to say trade Drew Brees, get some value for him whilst he still can and rebuild the team, we all know how hard it is to find a franchise QB in this league. It'must be so difficult to let go.

The only reason we let Manning go was we had the Number 1 pick and took a QB who had one of the highest projections to be NFL quality in a long time. Ironically we're in a very similar position this season. Franchise QB is injured, don't know when he's coming back and there's QB's coming into the draft with high projections to be NFL quality. There's even been media speculation that we'll sit Andrew Luck for the season and go for the tank to see if we can't pick up a Darnold or a Rosen.

Don't think we would do that. I do think when Luck's fit he will play. If we do end up with an early pick that could be used for a QB I think we'd be very open to trade offers. 

If New Orleans get that same early pick though I do think would be the trigger to start afresh. Can't see the Saints turning down the opportunity to take their next franchise QB and rebuilding the team.

It is kind of funny to use Brees as an example. San Diego dumped him because, there were doubts he would ever be effective again after I believe, a serious shoulder injury, so they traded him to NO, who was desperate enough to take a chance and wanted Eli, but he did not want them, so they settled for Philip Rivers.

I guess it is the doctor's call as they usually tell the GM/owner what are Luck's chances for ever returning to top form. Most GM's at least, let the doctor make the call. Of course, we really do not know Luck's chances for a full recovery, we are not privy to that information.

13 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

It is kind of funny to use Brees as an example. San Diego dumped him because, there were doubts he would ever be effective again after I believe, a serious shoulder injury, so they traded him to NO, who was desperate enough to take a chance and wanted Eli, but he did not want them, so they settled for Philip Rivers.

I guess it is the doctor's call as they usually tell the GM/owner what are Luck's chances for ever returning to top form. Most GM's at least, let the doctor make the call. Of course, we really do not know Luck's chances for a full recovery, we are not privy to that information.

Actually your timeline is off, Brees started for 2 seasons while Rivers was there and was actually franchised the second year before leaving in FA. The shoulder injury was in the last game of the season. He nearly signed with Miami but he didn’t pass the physical. New Orleans I believe waived the physical and signed him site unseen. 

On 9/24/2017 at 11:27 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

3 1sts and a 2nd? What exactly has he done to deserve that? He was an injury concern it seemed before this major issue. No chance he goes for that much but also don't see him being traded anyways

Trade value doesn't always equate to what someone has done on the field. You get enough people / teams who believe in him and it just becomes a auction. There would be multiple teams that would be interested in his services, and quite a few I would imagine that would pay dearly for him (provided his health checked out and he was okay). Quarterbacks are a premium, and even though you could argue he hasn't lived up to the hype of his prospect status, people would go crazy trying to obtain him.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Trade value doesn't always equate to what someone has done on the field. You get enough people / teams who believe in him and it just becomes a auction. There would be multiple teams that would be interested in his services, and quite a few I would imagine that would pay dearly for him (provided his health checked out and he was okay). Quarterbacks are a premium, and even though you could argue he hasn't lived up to the hype of his prospect status, people would go crazy trying to obtain him.

What bidding war? How many teams would be willing to take that? I mean he hasnt lived up to the hype yes but he is also a major injury concern

Archived