Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They make significantly less than minimum wage after the signing bonus. So really not all that much.

The total savings from the A's not paying any of their minor leaguers their stipends through the rest of the year is $1.2MM.

Dirtbag franchise continues to be a dirtbag franchise. 

When will the A's be regulated to the Pacific Coast League where they belong? 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They make significantly less than minimum wage after the signing bonus. So really not all that much.

The total savings from the A's not paying any of their minor leaguers their stipends through the rest of the year is $1.2MM.

A teammate of mine in 2010 had to make the decision to retire from professional baseball (AA) because his job he was offered as an accountant paid more and had better benefits, which during the recession meant a lot. He was a 93-94 23 year old lefty...maybe he makes it maybe he doesn’t, but what an indictment of the system.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I must have missed that.  Then what's causing the MLB to want to further lower their salary?

Empty stadiums.  That reduces ticket revenue, concessions, parking, merchandise, etc....  If they play half a season, they still aren't getting 50% of their normal revenue.

15 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Realistically speaking, how much money is wasted on career minor league players? 

what an absurd comment

how much money is wasted on career minor league players???? those guys get paid next to nothing and live on the road with ultra cheap amenities. what??

Lets talk about all of the manipulated service time and how much less these guys get paid in their first three 'official' years, before getting jerked around in arbitration for another three, before they see a deflated market with half the league trying to spend as little money as possible

BUT NO LETS TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY IS WASTED ON MINOR LEAGUERS

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

you do realize theres more cost associated than just straight salary, right? Heck, salary may by the smallest portion of that expense. While it hurts in the short term for a lot of guys that their dreams are over, its better for teams and those individuals. too many minor league teams and too many guys that never stood a chance making the bigs playing on them. go out in the work force, start your actual career and build your life post baseball. The guys that are legit prospects and have a shot wont really be affected by this. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

what an absurd comment

how much money is wasted on career minor league players???? those guys get paid next to nothing and live on the road with ultra cheap amenities. what??

Lets talk about all of the manipulated service time and how much less these guys get paid in their first three 'official' years, before getting jerked around in arbitration for another three, before they see a deflated market with half the league trying to spend as little money as possible

BUT NO LETS TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY IS WASTED ON MINOR LEAGUERS

sure, lets talk about it. Very valid discussion. Its a business and these guys cost millions of dollars. The major league pay structure has nothing to do with how much career minor leagues cost. BUT OUTRAGE!

On 5/30/2020 at 9:20 AM, GSUeagles14 said:

sure, lets talk about it. Very valid discussion. Its a business and these guys cost millions of dollars. The major league pay structure has nothing to do with how much career minor leagues cost. BUT OUTRAGE!

I have always wondered if you were a troll account or just an idiot

thanks for clearing that up

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

I have always wondered if you were a troll account or just an idiot

thanks for clearing that up

ahh, the old i cant come up with a good argument so Ill just insult. I wonder if its more idiotic to result to name calling then to argue a logical counterpoint? hmm...,,

One of my HS teammates signed a $5,000 signing bonus, another $8,000 after being drafted in the 28th and 32nd round(s), respectively. In AA, they got about $14 worth of meal money per day, and netted less than $30K a year without benefits, but yeah, they cost those billionaires MILLIONS. What a joke.

• Like 1