Draft Busts

HeydudemanG

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

well this is just a lie. as @Counselor already said, you said you looked into his eyes and could tell that he had changed. Why are you backing up from that now?

Cite the post where I said that then since you are so confident.

I never claimed he wouldn't get in trouble for weed anymore.  All I defended was his character in relation to the credit card charges and the rape allegation that some were citing as evidence that he was a bad guy.  What I said was I could tell from his eyes he wasn't a bad person.  I never said I looked into his eyes and saw he had changed and wouldn't use weed anymore.  Once again please cite the post where I said that if you are so confident.

On 4/14/2020 at 8:04 PM, badgers0821 said:

Some of mine are

Jedrick Wills - Alabama

Tua Tagovailoa - Alabama

Kristian Fulton - LSU

JK Dobbins - OSU

Kenneth Murray - Oklahoma

Cesar Ruiz - Michigan

Yatur Gross-Matos - Penn St

I'm going to add Swift to this list.

I'll be very surprised if Austin Jackson turns into half the OT most people are projecting him to be. So much technical work needs to be improved upon. 

Chase Claypool might be an easy answer, but anyone expecting him to become a stud WR will be sorely disappointed. 

I'm also very low on Cam Akers. Athleticism aside, he's abysmal in pass pro, doesn't show consistent vision between the tackles, and produces shockingly few missed/broken tackles in the open field. For a guy who's commonly ranked in the top 5 at his position, I have him outside the top 10. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Tee Higgins 

I can understand Higgins. With the right coaching and scheme, he's a top WR imo. But he's an awful route runner right now. If you put him in the wrong situation, he could bust. But I love his skill-set for the Rams. However, that's because I believe in our coaches and scheme.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He suffered an injury playing in the XFL because nobody in the NFL wanted him.

I know.  Lotta XFL guys have been signed by NFL teams recently.  Callaway's injury makes it impossible to know whether someone would have had interest in him.  The needs of NFL teams constantly change.  Just because no one picked him up right after the Browns released him doesn't mean he wouldn't have suitors at a later date.

13 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Mekhi Becton

YGM

Tee Higgins 

Austin Jackson

Kristian Fulton

Laviska Shenault

Kennith Murray

Half your list are players I love.  Especially Kenneth Murray.  The more tape I watch of him the more I'm beginning to think he's better than Isaiah Simmons as a LB.

• Like 1

I personally really like Jackson as an OT prospect. He's still pretty raw, but he's also 20 with solid athleticism and footwork. He needs some refining, but if he's brought in with the expectation that he's a backup Year 1 and then ready to roll in 2021, I think he's going to be solid.

5 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

I agree that Higgins stands out to me. Poor route runner, doesn't get great separation. "Catch radius" guys tend to flame out much more than they hit. There's a chase he's the next Boldin or Hopkins sure, but for everyone of those there are like 5 Treadwells.

You're not comparing Higgins to guys like him. He's 6'4" with nearly 35" arms. He's not a 6'1"/6'2" jump ball guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You're not comparing Higgins to guys like him. He's 6'4" with nearly 35" arms. He's not a 6'1"/6'2" jump ball guy.

Still don't like catch radius dominate prospects. You need to be elite at it (football tractor beam) to really pan out a high pick. To be fair with Higgins, I like him better that Treadwell (who was one of the more obvious draft bust to my eye prior to the pick) and I really prefer him as a mid to second round value that a first rounder as a gamble.

Honestly I'm pretty high on this class and outside of Herbert/Love (obvious answers) I don't have a lot of guys that scream "bust to me" this year. Murray (lacks football IQ) and Baun (undersized and not that athletic) are the only other ones that I don't love, but don't quite hate either.