Pick #19 is in: CB Damon Arnette, Ohio State

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

We need to give credit to Mayock too. The guy crushed, just crushed his very first NFL draft. If anything he has earned the benefit of the doubt.

I mean, the pick he got crushed for hasn't exactly proven the doubters wrong. We'll see with Arnette. I'm skeptical but optimistic.

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I thought we were still riding the “foundational piece” draft strategy lol

It's interesting that we passed on Josh Allen for Clelin Ferrell because he was a fit in Gunther's scheme. And then Mayock said that they liked Arnette because he fits in Gunther's scheme as well. Considering there's a pretty strong possibility that Gunther isn't even the DC here much longer. 

9 minutes ago, NickButera said:

We need to give credit to Mayock too. The guy crushed, just crushed his very first NFL draft. If anything he has earned the benefit of the doubt.

It's a little too early to say that though. Ferrell looked okay but certainly didn't look like a good pick at #4 and the jury is still out on Abram but he projects as a box safety so might not be great value. 

53 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

@JTagg7754 knows his OSU football And he said that Arnette was injured prior or was injured during (I didn’t clarify) his 40yd dash. He looked real “off” if you go back and watch the replay.  It makes no sense for how quick he is in games... plus I looked into it and his 10yd split was horrible... but he caught back up to speed by the 20yd split, then regressed.

jaylon Johnson: 1.59 , 2.66, 4.50

Damon arnette: 1.66, 2.67, 4.56

I THink he started out and felt tight in his leg muscles, hit 2nd gear, and relaxed cuz he felt something hurt

I read somewhere he had a bad back and hamstring.

47 minutes ago, NickButera said:

0-40 speed and catch up speed can range wildly. Considering what this guy has accomplished in college against good competition, he wouldn't have been able to do that if he was "slow" for the position if he wasn't top of his class at other attributes. 

You would know since you caught so many games of which I am proud 😂😂😂

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's interesting that we passed on Josh Allen for Clelin Ferrell because he was a fit in Gunther's scheme. And then Mayock said that they liked Arnette because he fits in Gunther's scheme as well. Considering there's a pretty strong possibility that Gunther isn't even the DC here much longer. 

Gotta see what the man has with some actual talent. I think the defense will be much improved, and we’ll still id add to that side of the ball in the next two days.

34 minutes ago, NickButera said:

How has he earned the benefit of the doubt?  He did well on Day 3 but also spent a top 5 pick on Clelin Ferrell with Josh Allen, Brian Burns, and Montez Sweat staring him in the face.  He's now made two out of the box picks and one with a top 5 pick.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Let’s not forget he played in the Big 10 though. Not a ton of big and/or speed guys there. 

Nothing really to do with your response but:

Any other CB we take, I know exactly which game the naysayers would pull to disagree with the pick. That's fair. 

I haven't seen that game cutup for Arnette yet. He's a senior, all I've seen is some nice work by Cephus. 

Seems like a good thing.

• Like 1