Pick #19 is in: CB Damon Arnette, Ohio State

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Trading down did makes sense, and if Ruggs was there they would have nabbed him, seeing that WR was there highest priority and they passed on Lamb who Shanahan claims to have loved. For a DT lots of teams have dropped.

I wonder if this is true?  I liked Terrell but who knows if Mayock had Arnette rated higher or not.  

What are the odds that we would have drafted Terrell if he was on the board at 19 or do you think Arnette was our target all along?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

25 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I wonder if this is true?  I liked Terrell but who knows if Mayock had Arnette rated higher or not.  

What are the odds that we would have drafted Terrell if he was on the board at 19 or do you think Arnette was our target all along?

I'd say there's a 100% chance we would've taken Terrell at #19 over Arnette if he was there. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd say there's a 100% chance we would've taken Terrell at #19 over Arnette if he was there. 

I don’t know about 100 percent But 80/20 Terrell. Mayock clearly liked Arnette and if you look on the draft network the have Terrell ranked 42 overall and Arnette 43 overall. Much closer than armchair GM’s want to believe. 

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don’t know about 100 percent But 80/20 Terrell. Mayock clearly liked Arnette and if you look on the draft network the have Terrell ranked 42 overall and Arnette 43 overall. Much closer than armchair GM’s want to believe. 

Sure, but I think terrell had a fantastic blend of physical talent and big game experience. I called Terrell. I'm slowly figuring out these guys draft tendencies. I think characteristic #1 is toughness for sure.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Man please! Like I said serious gamble with PHI and MIN possibly grabbing him. Suddenly it's not Lamb anymore previously he loved them both.

This is what it would have said if he had lost out on Aiyuk.

Seeing some of this so just gonna say this: You can disagree with Kyle Shanahan's evaluation of the WRs (and many of you do, which is fine). But if you think he's lying about Justin Jefferson being his favorite WR in the draft, you don't know anything about Kyle Shanahan.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sure, but I think terrell had a fantastic blend of physical talent and big game experience. I called Terrell. I'm slowly figuring out these guys draft tendencies. I think characteristic #1 is toughness for sure.

That being said do you think if Terrell was available at 19 he would have been the pick? 

I personally wanted Terrell but the more research I have done on Arnette, he is not a bad fallback option.  His drawbacks are his age, arm length and speed (which I am assuming was slower at the combine due to injury) because the game film I have watched he does not look slow.

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

That being said do you think if Terrell was available at 19 he would have been the pick? 

I personally wanted Terrell but the more research I have done on Arnette, he is not a bad fallback option.  His drawbacks are his age, arm length and speed (which I am assuming was slower at the combine due to injury) because the game film I have watched he does not look slow.

He's not slow at all. He's actually fairly athletic. I don't see him getting beat deep.

Because of how he plays, his arm length is not really a factor. Age is an overrated concern to me. If he hits, it's still 8+ years of high quality play. If he's 'a 21 year old bust, we're still screwed.

He just needs to clean up a few things, but he's pretty ready to go.

I actually think the media evals on him were pretty off. People calling him "stiff" are absolutely nuts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

You owned him,,, we’ve been cited it several times as we argued with BR about Love too.  Gotta admit he landed in the premo spot to succeed. Sits for 2 years begins Rodgers! Of course After one decent seasoN year BR will proclaim himself supreme draftnik of the universe. People here wanted by head for saving he needs 1.5-2 years to sit.  He’s the next Mahomes don’t you know... right out the gate. Lmao.

i appreciate your honesty.  I remember he got a good amount of slot snaps that year (I mean I watched a few games live and some on YouTube for the other guys and he was usually in there).... and while doing background research before watching games on YouTube after the season I read he’s played basically 600 snaps every year within a small margin (looked it up: 616 soph, 584 jr, 606 sr).  His reds/yards allowed where all incredibly close too: 29/383 soph, 29/434 jr, 25/306.  But he was targeted a lot more his Sr then Jr year (56 to 43) and his yards allowed dropped a lot.  The more telling stat to show the improvement in play is targeted:yards allowed which went from 10.09 as a junior to 5.46 As a senior  + Completion percentage allowed: which went from 67% as junior to 44% as senior.  Massive improvements 

Im pretty good at guessing 40s from film and I thought he was 4.48-4.52

his 10yd was very slow... which Would be explained by a muscle cramp or “Tweak” somewhere in his legs.  Like his 10yd split was .08-.10 off what someone who runs a 4.56 really should be at.  And he’s not “not quick”

what’s a two contract player?  Lol jk

hey if he can break a long streak of not having 2 contract guys I’d be so happy 

Yeah I got my years mixed up lol. Not sure why I said Conley and Latimer when they'd been gone. Derp. Definitely Sheffield and Ward's team then.

I would like to go back and watch some of those games bc I definitely don't remember him playing but I'll admittedly say I have trouble watching young cats bc they're constantly being replaced and a school like OSU has so much talent coming in, I usually watch how people progress later. If the coaching changes did have that much of an effect, I really hope he likes our guys lol. As someone noted, he became a dad also so that might influence his behavior also. I just want him to succeed.

Those numbers you provided are odd to me. I could've sworn he gave up so much more than that in his junior year..... I remember making it a point to point out every time he gave up a reception and it happened so often lol... At least I thought. Maybe it's just bc he didn't see as much action and was still giving up so many catches. The yards allowed per catch improvement is incredible though!! I was so glad to have been wrong about a player. Let's hope he reminds you what a 2 contract player is. I'm anxious to see him out there. If he and Abram can stay healthy with the additions we made in front of them, we could put out a decent defense this year. One we could win with at least

For those of you who appreciate the art of football and good technique, watch the video I posted on the other page. His technique is nearly-flawless type stuff. He’s damn good in that regard. And highly disciplined tracking the football/never panics. 

He’s not gonna be a penalty guy at the next level, that’s for sure. Teams will need to worry about that with Fulton, Gladney, and to a lesser extent Terrell. 

41 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That's fine. Cotto leaked that they wanted Terrell and panicked when he came off the board. From a physical profile standpoint Terrell also has way better tools than Arnette. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

They are both major trash talkers too. We're going to be an annoying team to play against haha.

Agreed. Underrated aspect of a secondary in the NFL. Did you see he does the incomplete sign every play? He is going to annoy WRs to death lol.