Pick #19 is in: CB Damon Arnette, Ohio State

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Did you have Terrell ranked much higher than Arnette?  I have seen some ranking where Arnette is ranked higher than Terrell.  

The more research I have done I dont think the gap is as large as some on here think.  Here is some food for thought too, every armchair GM would have been pumped if we drafted Fulton and he is still on the board in the mid 2nd LOL

There was a cluster of DBs that I thought should go in the early 2nd and maybe late 1st.  Both were in that group.  Between the 2 Terrell has less ?s but I think it comes down to who fits your team better.  I thought both were reaches at 19 but Arnette more.  If we traded down with the Colts for 34 and 44 I would have been fine with Terrell at 34 and Arnette at 44.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He does have a lot of Talib in his play-style/technique. 

The difference is Talib is much more athletic. 

Talib 40 times: 4.50, 4.44

Talib Arm Length: 33 Inches (amazing)

Arnette 40 time: 4.56

Arnette Arm Length: 30 Inches

I’m not doggin Arnette here. I think he can be very solid in the NFL. We’ll just have to wait and see how he is able to hold up on the boundary in the NFL.

32 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Raiders fan with a Kobe avatar watches a lot of east coast teams, I see..... or are we using other people's opinions to form our own here?

Isn't that what most people do? Read scouting reports, I don't have time to watch every game by every prospect

Edited by Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He does have a lot of Talib in his play-style/technique. 

The difference is Talib is much more athletic. 

Talib 40 times: 4.50, 4.44

Talib Arm Length: 33 Inches (amazing)

Arnette 40 time: 4.56

Arnette Arm Length: 30 Inches

I’m not doggin Arnette here. I think he can be very solid in the NFL. We’ll just have to wait and see how he is able to hold up on the boundary in the NFL.

I just think Gruden wanted a Day 1 starter at corner, which Arnette will be. Other guys might have more potential but they wanted a guy to start Day 1

13 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Isn't that what most people do? Read scouting reports, I don't have time to watch all the prospects games

So why are you pretending to know a person's worth without watching them play? I have no clue who you are but your lifestyle is 💩

See how dumb that is? Seriously, do you? Why are you pretending to know something about something you just admitted you know nothing about? That's what I just did and unless your lifestyle is 💩, you should get what I'm saying. Otherwise, it's a lucky guess. 

Edited by JTagg7754

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

So why are you pretending to know a person's worth without watching them play? I have no clue who you are but your lifestyle is 💩

See how dumb that is? Seriously, do you? Why are you pretending to know something about something you just admitted you know nothing about? That's what I just did and unless your lifestyle is 💩, you should get what I'm saying. Otherwise, it's a lucky guess. 

reported to a mod

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Raiders fan with a Kobe avatar watches a lot of east coast teams, I see..... or are we using other people's opinions to form our own here?

dont see why his avatar or where he lives has any impact on his ability to make asessments. none of us watched every game of every college team... but a lot of us have seen clemson play. a lot of us did go watch a lot of clemson to check out isaiah simmons. a lot of us saw the championship game.

i dont know how much time you spent watching All-22 footage with an emphasis on tanner muse. 

but mayock already said he's changing positions to learn how to play linebacker and otherwise will be on special teams. that alone doesnt scream third round value...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Jtagg don't attack HB, or else I"ll have to give out a warning.

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Snitching GIF | Gfycat

Likewise...

I do agree though that HB you shouldn't be going off of scouting reports and act like it's anything other than an opinion that isn't even yours. It takes 5-10 minutes to get a feel for a player.

Most of us I presume go off of what we watch when we look at cutups/etc instead of immediately assuming a guy is a steal/reach based on what the media says.

13 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

If Arnette was hurt and could shave a .1 off of his 40, so a 4.46, where do you think his value is elevated to?

With a full combine testing and a sub 4.5, it's probably elevated to the point he isn't much of a surprise at 19. Technique and physicality is better than the other 2nd tier CBs so if the athletic testing is close, Arnette at the top of the 2nd tier makes sense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Turnobili said:

dont see why his avatar or where he lives has any impact on his ability to make asessments. none of us watched every game of every college team... but a lot of us have seen clemson play. a lot of us did go watch a lot of clemson to check out isaiah simmons. a lot of us saw the championship game.

i dont know how much time you spent watching All-22 footage with an emphasis on tanner muse. 

but mayock already said he's changing positions to learn how to play linebacker and otherwise will be on special teams. that alone doesnt scream third round value...

B/c odds are he's never actually watched this kid play. You don't have to watch every game of every college team to form an opinion and I never suggested that. My comment isn't solely for Muse either as he did the same thing w/ Arnette. If you don't know enough about a player, why offer up an opinion? Yes, I gave a write-up on Arnette but anyone else? No b/c I don't know enough about them to try to form an opinion and I'd rather not lie lol.

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jtagg don't attack HB, or else I"ll have to give out a warning.

That's my bad. My intentions weren't to attack him and I don't feel I did but that's subjective. I merely used an example I felt he could understand to point out how terrible his logic is. Regardless, me and fragile psyches don't mesh well so I'll go back to my other holes to not make any MODs e-lives worse off lol.

See y'all!

• Like 1