1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Call me a hater.

It drives me ******* nuts when people use the phrase to "To help Rodgers", instead of "To help the offense" or "To help the Packers"

It speaks to the person having a warped priority of Rodgers first, Packers second. I get why the media does it. They do care about Rodgers more than the Packers. I don't understand why our fans do it.

This forum needs to get @AlexGreen#20 some help........................

insert your own personal favorite joke here.   booze, drugs, sex, whatever you think he needs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

Nor a caliber of QB as Rodgers. It all goes together.

If you aren’t paying a QB his money you can get better weapons. If you’re paying a QB his money he is expected to make his own weapons... that’s kinda why he is getting paid.

limited $$/draft capital  resources at some point affects a position group at some point.  

5 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

this argument is pretty weak. Yes, the media would produce less garbage if people didn’t click on the garbage. But that does not excuse the media.

does the same argument apply the meth dealers? I guess we can’t criticize them, cuz they wouldn’t be making & selling the meth if people weren’t buying it. 

If you were slinging meth too, that would be analogous to my statement.   

It makes no difference if you click on or consume anything from "the media" - those that made that statement didn't understand my point.    

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Very few in here are assuming Aaron is pissed, assuming we're tired of Rodgers, blaming the FO for not getting him weapons, making dumb charts about 1st round picks, when Aaron had a weapon group that made the cover of SI, just kind of painting Aaron as a d-bag in general. 

We talk football (or try to) in here, we don't make assumptions or fake stories to get clicks and reads, that's the media. 

Actually many of those topics are exactly what have been discussed repeatedly in this thread and the draft threads and many other threads.   I'm not even arguing they shouldn't be discussed or people are wrong to do so --- just pointing out they are. 

But last I'll say as we have some football things to dish about...

More from Jim Nagy, Exec Director at the Senior Bowl

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/love-led-nation-in-ints-heres-why-to-not-worry

“He makes it look effortless. In any walk of life, the great ones make it look easy. He makes things look easy on the football field.

“He’s not a bad decision-maker,” Nagy said. “That was one of my biggest pet peeves in the draft process was people calling that kid a bad decision-maker. He’s not. He’s a kid that’s played with nobody around him and he was competitive and he was trying to win football games. Did he force throws? Absolutely. Did he have to force throws? Absolutely. You didn’t see bad decision-making on ’18 tape, when he threw 32 touchdowns and six picks.

“He’s the only quarterback I’ve ever scouted that’s going to be throwing into bigger windows in the NFL than he threw into in college.”

• Like 5

Watching this the kid seems to understand football, but had terrible coaching his last year in college. He has talent though. 

All his coaches did were call 6man protect and 4 verts all game hoping love would make a great throw. Also the reason he had couple turnovers.  A lot of tight windows.

Edited by hoekd0250

On 4/26/2020 at 9:34 PM, TheOnlyThing said:

Aiyuk will be there for a full season as opposed to Sanders who came in mid-season last year, so that may be a wash.

KInlaw is unlikely to be as good in Buckner in year one.

They traded Breida who had been in the doghouse but have Coleman, Mostert, and McKinnon returning so SF should be fine at RB.

Williams will likely be an upgrade for Staley who was on his last legs and injured last season at LT.

Don't know if the Niners really got better.

What I DO KNOW is that San Francisco was significantly better than Green Bay last season and I don't think the gap between the two teams has been closed much if at all.

Line 1: There is likely to be a shortened off season which is going to hurt rookies the most. Counting on this kid to come in and be better than Sanders is fools gold. 

Line 2: All I can do it LOL at this one. Buckner had 7.5 sacks but was a beast last year! Name another rookie DT who came in and did what Buckner did last year. I'll wait! 

Williams is 31 and missed all of last year and had health issues. When Staley was in there he was damned good. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

It appears as though Jordan Love will be wearing #10 for us. Anybody think of a great QB who wore #10? Matt Flynn doesn't count! LOL 

Maybe he wants to be the first! 

Eli not great, but good when he was good.

Edited by Gopackgonerd