1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

My point was I think this was as much about LaFleur's relationship with Rodgers. LaFleur is betting on himself. 

Well yeah, I'm sure he's excited. This is his path to a legacy, just like Holmgren and Favre, Mac and Rodgers. No titles he won with Aaron were ever going to be credited to him. He's an offensive coach and he has a young franchise QB, that's a path to his legacy. Up to his development of Love for how it plays out. Gute too, he just put himself on the line too.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

IF it's Love at 26 or Herbert at 6, there's no debate here.

Watson and Trubisky? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Those draft rankings don't always play out well. Lamar Jackson? Aaron Rodgers? The list goes on! 

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'm not happy about it for right now, but lets all remember how people reacted to Rodgers being selected when Favre was here. Could pay off big in the long run.

Yessssss and no. Favre was already playing that "I'm gonna retire....no, I'm not....yes, I am...." game wasnt he?

Just now, incognito_man said:

I would go even further.

You can rarely NOT think long-term AND compete for a championship. How many young QBs (long-term) have won SBs? How many old (win-now) QBs have some SBs?

Elway, Manning, etc etc. You can't beat the best by kicking the can down the road when you already have ground to make up

I will fully admit, I did not watch Jordan Love much at all, did not think GB was going to pull the trigger on a QB with the Rodgers contract being what it is.  

I get the hindsight aspect of this, but signing Rodgers to a big contract extension with him coming off the injury after the 2017 season, then restructuring that contract in 2019 to then draft a QB in 2020 in the first round.    The sequence of those actions just do not make a lot of sense here.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Rodgers himself has said their relationship was fine and he had so much fun as him as his coach. Stop saying things you have no idea about.

It's a message board. What is Rodgers supposed to say? Everybody was Rodgers holding the ball when he had guys open. You think LaFleur didn't see that as well? It's highly likely Gute and LaFleur thought they couldn't change him or they'd try and light a fire under his butt. 

I've got every right to suggest things on a message board so stay in your lane if you don't like it. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Let's look who has gone after Love...

Jordyn Brooks | ILB | Texas Tech
Patrick Queen | ILB | LSU
Isaiah Wilson | OT | Georgia
Noah Igbinoghene | CB | Auburn
Jeff Gladney | CB | TCU

Boy, we sure missed out.

Queen is the only one I liked in this bunch.

Just now, squire12 said:

I will fully admit, I did not watch Jordan Love much at all, did not think GB was going to pull the trigger on a QB with the Rodgers contract being what it is.  

I get the hindsight aspect of this, but signing Rodgers to a big contract extension with him coming off the injury after the 2017 season, then restructuring that contract in 2019 to then draft a QB in 2020 in the first round.    The sequence of those actions just do not make a lot of sense here.  

I mean, it's clear you're sitting Love for at least 2 years minimum.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Let's look who has gone after Love...

Jordyn Brooks | ILB | Texas Tech
Patrick Queen | ILB | LSU
Isaiah Wilson | OT | Georgia
Noah Igbinoghene | CB | Auburn
Jeff Gladney | CB | TCU

Boy, we sure missed out.

Who's to say we would've taken any of them? And I'd still take any of them over Love.