1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

So is the talent difference. He had a couple bad throws in that game but the team around him stands out like a sore thumb.

Sure I won't knock him for that, but the interceptions were pretty bad, but like the other guy said there's good and bad in that film. He made some great deep throws in that one. I'm coming around a little..

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Somebody explain to me why Aaron Rodgers deserves to be treated differently than anybody else on this roster?

If you're old, expensive, and declining, teams are going to look to replace you. That's every guy in the NFL. 

The Packers have no obligation to do **** for Rodgers. They're doing what they think is best for the team in the long run.

No obligation to Rodgers but they need to fire their GM if scrapping and rebuilding is the answer when the ink on that 135 million dollar deal isn't even dry.  He has put absolutely no calories at trying to fix the skill position spots on offense.  Trash low end WR prospects and v et minimum guys like Lazzard and Funchess who wouldn't see the field on any other team in the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Crazy how many of us thought we might trade back from 30 to a team who wanted back into the 1st rd to get Love.  Instead we go up and do it ourselves.  Even tho SEA, BAL, TEN and MIA all have their QBs.  I really hope he lights it up when he gets his chance but this is gonna get ugly. 

Other than SEA, BAL, TEN, MIA (and whoever we traded with I don't even know) there are 26 other teams who could have traded up to draft Love.

Guarantee there is a minimum of one GM tonight kicking himself over this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SSG said:

No obligation to Ben Chef but they need to fire their GM if scrapping and rebuilding is the answer when the ink on that 135 million dollar deal isn't even dry.  He has put absolutely no calories at trying to fix the skill position spots on offense.  Trash low end WR prospects and v et minimum guys like Lazzard and Funchess who wouldn't see the field on any other team in the NFL.

FIFY

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

How much does Jordan Love have to do this year to contribute more than the 1st round pick, #12 overall, last year? 

BTW, I still hold out hope for that #12 overall kid to develop into something special. I think the Packer knew he was a project then. How many here were as pissed off about that pick as they are this one. I was on the record against the Gary pick last year. He's a Packer and I'm pulling for him. 

We are closing in on 30 years of HOF quarterbacking. Nobody has done it back, to back to back! 

Good night Packer fans! Even the ones who are pissed off about this pick. If you want to blame me for even mentioning the kid in the Jordan Love thread, go ahead, I'll carry that cross! 

I feel about the same as I did with the Gary pick about this one.  A high risk, high reward move.  And one that won't pay immediate dividends.

3 minutes ago, Iskra said:

Because he's still more valuable than anyone else on the roster, including Clark. Bakhtiari has been the "highest rated Packer" at pro-football-ref for three years. Should we have traded Rodgers three years ago?

Being more valuable than anybody else on the roster doesn't mean that he should be treated any differently.

With the benefit of hindsight, obviously we should have traded Rodgers three years ago. How is that even a question?

I'm being open-minded. 

Name one other player on Utah State's offense. He had nothing to work with. He was just trying to make something happen half the time. 

Not wild about his make-up. Super talented. Another first-round pick with no impact. No boost. 

We're once again looking up at other teams in the NFC with one of our last chances to go all the way.

More of the same. 

Well, I recall when Rodgers was selected.   They didn’t trade UP for him but.... whoa...  maybe this is trade value or is meant to light a fire under AR.   He has to stop pointing fingers and has to stop rolling his eyes at the coach / teammates / admin.    He should spend a bit of time in the GBP Hall of Fame.    No one player is bigger than the GBP.     He needs to be a leader and direct his talent or GB should move on.