1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

On 12/7/2021 at 2:30 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

People are really docking Love for the KC performance? Did they not watch the game? The offensive line couldn’t block anyone. MLF called a terrible game . Those things considered , it wasn’t bad . The rookie QBs this year have MUCH worse games than Love’s first start. 

That pick wasn’t even his fault. Davante was frustrated the whole game and tbh didn’t fight like he should’ve for that ball. 

MLF made a mistake in the prep for that game.  Rodgers tested positive for COVID on that Thursday.  The gameplan for the Chiefs was already installed, he didnt change it to accommodate Love, and said as much after the game.  Could have changed some of the protections for Love vs Rodgers who can handle the blitz.  I'm not worried about Love yet, He was drinking from a fire hose that day.  The fire hose will still be there on Sunday, but MLF needs to help him along the way.  Hopefully we'll see some of that on Sunday. 

• Like 2

a bit more exposure today.  he can hit his short wide outside throws.  First INT wasnt on him.  Second one was diabolical.  Accuracy is still a massive red flag right now.  If this guy develops into an NFL QB, hes going to need his entire rookie contract studying and working on mechanics to get there.  Hes at least two years off.  At least.

I really hope Rodgers stays. QB is king in NFL and its likely we wont have a QB as good as Aaron again in my lifetime. If he wants to stay you pay what you have to pay.

But I thought Love showed a lot of promise today. He is learning. Last time round he was garbage when blitzed whereas he looked a lot more comfortable today. He was garbage in the 2 minute drills at the end but again its the first time he has done it in the NFL so hopefully next time he looks better - you have to go through this kind of stuff to improve.

There's a big drop-off from Rodgers to Love and hoping it wont be next year. But definitely some promise. 

• Like 1

Year three is when things began to click for Rodgers.  He did not look especially impressive prior to that, and looked completely overwhelmed as a rookie.  Love may or may not take a similar step in year three, but now sure isn't the time to make the call that he won't.  It's clear enough that Love is not ready now, but I'm not sure why that would surprise anyone or be something to rant about.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Year three is when things began to click for Rodgers.  He did not look especially impressive prior to that, and looked completely overwhelmed as a rookie.  Love may or may not take a similar step in year three, but now sure isn't the time to make the call that he won't.  It's clear enough that Love is not ready now, but I'm not sure why that would surprise anyone or be something to rant about.

This ^

35 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I don’t know, there are somethings that just can only be improved so much through coaching and accuracy is one of those. I can’t think of one really good qb that isn’t described as “incredibly accurate”. Good QB’s are accurate if nothing else

Edited by TheGreatZepp

4 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I don’t know, there are somethings that just can only be improved so much through coaching and accuracy is one of those. 

His accuracy is fine when his footwork is clean.  His footwork is improved over what he showed his last season at Utah State, but he still has a long way to go.  That, and the game slowing for him a bit, and I think he has a chance.  If he can’t get there, then he won’t last long in the league.

Edited by Cpdaly23

4 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I can’t think of one really good qb that isn’t described as “incredibly accurate”. Good QB’s are accurate regardless of all

Josh Allen.  He is the model that Green Bay is looking towards re: development of a smaller school QB with shoddy footwork and a propensity for turnovers.  

Edited by Cpdaly23

1 hour ago, HeresAGuy said:

a bit more exposure today.  he can hit his short wide outside throws.  First INT wasnt on him.  Second one was diabolical.  Accuracy is still a massive red flag right now.  If this guy develops into an NFL QB, hes going to need his entire rookie contract studying and working on mechanics to get there.  Hes at least two years off.  At least.

There's no interception on 3rd and 10 from your own 40 with 21 seconds left in the game down 7 that's diabolical. Especially not when you get hit on an unblocked stunt. 

Sorry, that's just stupid. 

• Like 4