1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

8 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

I'm honestly a little surprised lazard picked a year of Rodgers on a team with more wr talent over multiple years with Love.  Do we think he got offered a deal from GB?

It was reported a few weeks ago that they were having discussions, doesn't mean offers were exchanged though. Most likely a feeling out thing and the Packers letting them know that if things didn't go as planned the Packers could be a fallback. Cap wise the Packers were not in play at 11M a season is my guess. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

I'm honestly a little surprised lazard picked a year of Rodgers on a team with more wr talent over multiple years with Love.  Do we think he got offered a deal from GB?

He didn't appear too enthusiastic after the Det game about returning to Green Bay.  Don't know what transpired after that with Green Bay.  He was talking with somebody (Was it Denver???) when the Rodgers/Jets stuff came about.

Maybe it’s bad to discuss… but what happens if Love gets trey lance’d? Like he gets injuried before he even sees action really.

Should GB wait and give him 2024? Or and I would imagine GB would be bad, they draft a Caleb Williams (although he might not like the location) or Drake Maye? As a hedge?

20 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Maybe it’s bad to discuss… but what happens if Love gets trey lance’d? Like he gets injuried before he even sees action really.

Should GB wait and give him 2024? Or and I would imagine GB would be bad, they draft a Caleb Williams (although he might not like the location) or Drake Maye? As a hedge?

I think they are going to give Love the 5th year option in May, so he's probably our starting QB for the next two seasons minimum.  I guess that can change due to injury, but they are more than likely going to be on the hook for 20 plus mil next year in regards to Love. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, if you have the chance to pick Caleb Williams if nobody will give you an incredible haul for that pick you have to pick Caleb Williams.

Would you draft him even if he doesn’t want to be in GB? I only bring this up because he has publicly been like he would totally go to Miami. GB Wisconsin doesn’t seem to be his “vibe”.

Hence why I put Drake in the conversation.

On 3/16/2023 at 7:15 PM, Green19 said:

Would you draft him even if he doesn’t want to be in GB? I only bring this up because he has publicly been like he would totally go to Miami. GB Wisconsin doesn’t seem to be his “vibe”.

I don't see why he wouldn't be. The rumor last summer was he was chosing between USC and UW. It was primarily based on his dad's connection with the Engram family I believe but still. 

I'd think most kids as QBs would actually be pretty stoked to go to GB just based on us having HOF QBs their entire lives. 

On 3/16/2023 at 9:15 PM, Green19 said:

Yes, you draft him.