1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Pretty.  So pretty.  I could watch that play all day long.

The OL looked great.  Tyler Davis getting across the backfield to be an extra protector (while keeping his feet moving).  Doubs route to occupy the safety.  The RB trying to leak out into the left flat.  Watson screaming across the middle.  Love's footwork.  Rhythm throw.  Absolute laser shot right on target.

Then Watson doing Watson things.  Jenkins celebrating with Love.

I'm getting misty eyed over here.

MLF while watching that play develop in real time:

anchorman will GIF

• Like 2

On 3/24/2023 at 2:28 PM, incognito_man said:

Just watched this 4x in a row. So much pretty.

Weren’t you arguing that a certain Tight End’s speed is deceptive? Watson doesn’t churn. He just floats past defenders.

when you were making that argument about Washington I was thinking Watson. 

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 2:05 PM, Green19 said:

Just looking back at the reactions… love at the end Dan is like, love the fit for the young kid but man if I was Rodgers I would be like you couldn’t draft me Mims!!!!

hilarious haha. Well now Rodgers can throw to Mims 

Gonna be really funny if we get Love Denzel Mims as a throw in for the trade. LOL 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What are your realistic expectations for him this year?

Keep improving and show you belong. You can't put wins/losses into the equation. He's going to have a very young team around him, especially at skilled positions. Show the poise he showed in the Philly game, be a leader, be accountable, work hard and stay humble.

He's got all the talent he needs. He's got go master the mental part of playing quarterback. When he does that, he's going to be damn good. 

By the way, the media sure did contortions trying tyo make more out of MLF's comments yesterday than were there. 

20 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hopefully Clements proves to be invaluable again

I was super happy to see that Clements will remain this year.  I have to hand it to Rodgers there .. I think he did Love a solid with that recommendation.  He said Clements was instrumental in his development early on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I quick reminder that we fed Love to the wolves against one of the most aggressive D-fronts in the NFL with Runyan-Patrick-Newman as his interior protectors...lmao. 

One of MLF's worst performances as a head coach.  It's like he had no clue that they were going to blitz the hell out of the Packers that day.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What are your realistic expectations for him this year?

That's a good question. Obviously it's ironic how Packers fans have pretty much seen this exact thing happen before. We all said, "hey, our backup QB is pretty damn good", and then Rodgers became Rodgers.

Frankly, I see Love doing the same things. Technique in practice is flawless. The limited game action (like Rodgers' Dallas game) proved the moment wasn't too big against a top opponent. 

This isn't to say he's going to have a career like Rodgers - a lot still has to keep going right for him to get close to that level - but first year starting numbers over 4000 passing yards, 30ish touchdowns and no more than a dozen INTs, with a Pro Bowl to boot, is what I expect based on what I've seen. 

Edited by Sandy

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A quick reminder that we fed Love to the wolves against one of the most aggressive D-fronts in the NFL with Runyan-Patrick-Newman as his interior protectors...lmao. 

Newman and Patrick on that clip are comical 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A quick reminder that we fed Love to the wolves against one of the most aggressive D-fronts in the NFL with Runyan-Patrick-Newman as his interior protectors...lmao. 

He completed a pass in that clip so that means KC was in prevent.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 3