1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, that was entirely obvious from the initial snap. That and Davante just looked like he was going through the motions all damn day too. Team and coaches did Love no favors that day.

It was almost like they wanted Love to fail.  It was one of LaFleur's worst performances during his time in GB, and I agree .. Davante didn't want to be there that day. 

Looks like they are trying to work a deal with Love.  Perhaps something with performance clauses to soften the 20 mill next year and a short extension to spread it out?  Just guessing.  I'm not worried.

Edited by NFLGURU

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Looks like they are trying to work a deal with Love.  Perhaps something with performance clauses to soften the 20 mill next year and a short extension to spread it out?  Just guessing.  I'm not worried.

yeah, still time until the 5th year option deadline.  

On 4/21/2023 at 9:35 AM, vegas492 said:

I'm not convinced that MLF is up to that challenge.  At all.  Also...not saying he isn't.  

He leaned on Rodgers for his entire time here.  When we needed road wins early, our teams came out looking uninspired and unprepared.  At home playoff losses where we looked disinterested.

MLF and Rodgers were always going to be joined at the hip.  It's not like GB brought in Sean Payton to replace MM.  There was no way MLF was going to strong-arm Rodgers into anything.  Their relationship was always going to be more partners vs coach/player.  The reason(s) for the MLF era playoff losses have been beaten to death already.  No need to rehash all that.

In a lot of ways, this season will be the first true glimpse of what MLF brings to the table as a HC.

It’s so strange that the general public is so dismissive of Love.

Pre-draft everyone was saying he has special tools and just needed time to put it together. He’s gotten 3 years and we just traded a HOF QB for him to start. 

When he hits, I’m going to say it was a easy one project and people will say ‘it’s easy to say now with hindsight’ 

Nah. He got what he needed to succeed .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s so strange that the general public is so dismissive of Love.

Pre-draft everyone was saying he has special tools and just needed time to put it together. He’s gotten 3 years and we just traded a HOF QB for him to start. 

When he hits, I’m going to say it was a easy one project and people will say ‘it’s easy to say now with hindsight’ 

Nah. He got what he needed to succeed .

A lot of his flashes

mixed in with the ashes

of games we’d already conceded

If we look there’s the hope

that he’s gonna be dope

and Love is all that we needed 

• Like 2

Aside from having to answer a predictable majority amount of questions about AR, Jordan seemed solid in his first presser as QB1. He seems like a thoughtful guy but also doesn’t come off as an alpha dog. This doesn’t necessarily mean anything as to his confidence or on field command but I do hope he is strong there when he gets into the huddle. His youth will show and he has some growing to do but if he can play and the team starts getting some wins, that confidence and leadership will grow. 

• Like 1