1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

29 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Aside from having to answer a predictable majority amount of questions about AR, Jordan seemed solid in his first presser as QB1. He seems like a thoughtful guy but also doesn’t come off as an alpha dog. This doesn’t necessarily mean anything as to his confidence or on field command but I do hope he is strong there when he gets into the huddle. His youth will show and he has some growing to do but if he can play and the team starts getting some wins, that confidence and leadership will grow. 

He did sound a little too much in his head about needing to "improve" or "grow" as the season progressed.

26 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Aside from having to answer a predictable majority amount of questions about AR, Jordan seemed solid in his first presser as QB1. He seems like a thoughtful guy but also doesn’t come off as an alpha dog. This doesn’t necessarily mean anything as to his confidence or on field command but I do hope he is strong there when he gets into the huddle. His youth will show and he has some growing to do but if he can play and the team starts getting some wins, that confidence and leadership will grow. 

He has a quiet confidence and poise that I think translates to the field. Coaches and teammates describe him as having a cool demeanor and being a hard guy to rattle. That's one of the first things I noticed after we drafted him and I watched some of his college tape—his ability to stand in the pocket and keep his eyes downfield even when pressure was getting to him.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 7:32 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s so strange that the general public is so dismissive of Love.

I think a lot of the negativity on Love comes from the national media being so invested in the Aaron Rodgers saga of the last three seasons.  The one thing that doesn't tie into "will the Packers trade Rodgers" or "will Rodgers retire" or "will the Packers appease Rodgers with draft picks or signings" is "hey, maybe Jordan Love is good."

10 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think a lot of the negativity on Love comes from the national media being so invested in the Aaron Rodgers saga of the last three seasons.  The one thing that doesn't tie into "will the Packers trade Rodgers" or "will Rodgers retire" or "will the Packers appease Rodgers with draft picks or signings" is "hey, maybe Jordan Love is good."

How do you mean? Idt Aaron is beloved outside of Packer fan like Brett was . Idt people feel he was slighted, 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

How do you mean? Idt Aaron is beloved outside of Packer fan like Brett was . Idt people feel he was slighted, 

You got a lot of "The Packers know Love isn't the guy" out of like Denver football people (like Allbright) back when before the Broncos traded for Russell Wilson, as an explanation for why the Packers weren't meeting whatever imaginary asking price.

There was also the "when will the Packers trade Love" angle to the whole Rodgers mess.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

You got a lot of "The Packers know Love isn't the guy" out of like Denver football people (like Allbright) back when before the Broncos traded for Russell Wilson, as an explanation for why the Packers weren't meeting whatever imaginary asking price.

There was also the "when will the Packers trade Love" angle to the whole Rodgers mess.

We already know the answer to that question. In roughly 15 years, to the Jets. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

I'd rather a QB be genuine and answer the questions thoughtfully than put on a false bravado and come off like a douchebag like Zach Wilson or Josh Rosen trying to "act" like an alpha dog.    I think BJ Coleman was like that before flaming out?  (might be mistaken on which late round Packer QB gave off those vibes).     

30 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I'd rather a QB be genuine and answer the questions thoughtfully than put on a false bravado and come off like a douchebag like Zach Wilson or Josh Rosen trying to "act" like an alpha dog.    I think BJ Coleman was like that before flaming out?  (might be mistaken on which late round Packer QB gave off those vibes).     

Lol I was trying to remember BJ Coleman the other day when I didn't have a minute to look it up. Nice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lodestar said:

He has a quiet confidence and poise that I think translates to the field. Coaches and teammates describe him as having a cool demeanor and being a hard guy to rattle. That's one of the first things I noticed after we drafted him and I watched some of his college tape—his ability to stand in the pocket and keep his eyes downfield even when pressure was getting to him.

Oh yeah, I’m a lot more weary of a guy trying too hard to act like he’s already made it when he hasn’t done a whole lot. I believe he’s a genuine guy and if you know his family history, he had to get tough pretty quick in life. I just hope the talent meets the right mentality to be in that spotlight. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t see Jordan Love going off the deep end 15 years from now lol

He comes off as a very mature, thoughtful, descent human being, 

I was very impressed today.  He can handle the moment 

Agreed but if he becomes very good stardom does impact people.

• Like 1