2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Just now, Jaire_Island said:

Lol. LaFleur’s scheme doesn’t mean you go into the season without WR2 and WR3.

49ers are not thinking that way and have drafted WR’s in Deebo Samuel and Brandon Ayiuck. Aren’t we running almost the same scheme?.

You win the prize.

2 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Lol. LaFleur’s scheme doesn’t mean you go into the season without WR2 and WR3.

49ers are not thinking that way and have drafted WR’s in Deebo Samuel and Brandon Ayiuck. Aren’t we running almost the same scheme?.

Shanahan also drafted those guys going into years 3 and 4 in SF after building the base of what he wanted. Perhaps he feels the same way as MLF about WRs? They are the final piece, not the main cog?

EDIT - He also drafted Dante Pettis but we don't mention busts around here for other teams.

Edited by beekay414

Someone give me a WR that fell to 30 or 62 who would've been good value? You can't. There were two trains of thought on the WR class, either everyone was going to stock up ASAP or everyone was going to be patient because of the depth. Well everyone stocked up. Shenault/Higgins was probably the best value at 30 and Edwards/DPJ probably the best at 62. Neither is exciting.

Now could you argue that we could've come out of Rd 2 with a Blacklock/Jones pairing that would've solved DL and OL hopefully? Sure and I won't fight you on that. 

Just enough with the WR talk. Value hasn't been there unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

With 4.53 and 4.72 40 times for RB Dillon and HB DeGaura, respectively, they will fit right in with the Pack's plodding offense. .

And not that it matters much and not that it matters while he sits the bench for next several years, but backup QB Love ran a 4.74 not a 4.6 ffs. Rodgers ran a 4.71.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan-love?id=32194c4f-5613-0776-be4c-ce231b05c522

Akin to saying a 5.3 is a bad 40 for a Tackle. 

Dillon ran faster than Aaron Jones did lol. I didn't like the pick... where it was. Do you think Jones is slow? I like Dillon i didn't like him where he was taken cause of the position. 
Likewise, if you're drafting a TE... Kmet ran a 4.7. Trautman ran a 4.8. Ertz was 4.76. Gronk was 4.68.

40 matters for sure. 40 isn't game speed. Reagor just got drafted by the most speed deprived offense in the NFL last year. Davante ran a 4.56? Does anyone think Davante plays like a 4.6 receiver? lol
Its silly to say we're slow. Its silly to say a 4.5 RB and a 4.7 TE aren't fast in todays nfl. 
That doesnt make sense to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Someone give me a WR that fell to 30 or 62 who would've been good value? You can't. There were two trains of thought on the WR class, either everyone was going to stock up ASAP or everyone was going to be patient because of the depth. Well everyone stocked up. Shenault/Higgins was probably the best value at 30 and Edwards/DPJ probably the best at 62. Neither is exciting.

Now could you argue that we could've come out of Rd 2 with a Blacklock/Jones pairing that would've solved DL and OL hopefully? Sure and I won't fight you on that. 

Just enough with the WR talk. Value hasn't been there unfortunately.

We have some holes.

WR/DL/ILB are those. If value wasn’t there for WR, should have drafted D. 

1 minute ago, Jaire_Island said:

We have some holes.

WR/DL/ILB are those. If value wasn’t there for WR, should have drafted D. 

What about reading the draft board? Didn't Gutekenst read the board? Well, evidently he read the board when he jumped up to grab Love.