2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Ross Uglem -   Right or wrong (and almost certainly prematurely) the fan perception of Brian Gutekunst has shifted dramatically. Bought himself a ton of leeway by drafting Jaire and following that up with last season's spending spree. That leeway is spent after a ho-hum FA and this draft.

Gute talked about his "ready" board earlier in the week of veterans that they'd look at signing if things didn't go their way at those positions. I think it's safe to say things are not going their way at those positions.

• Peter Bukowski -  The Packers might as well announce they signed Tramon Williams and Snacks Harrison tomorrow.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Pretty much. I wondered if they would still go that route with Aaron Rodgers as the QB, but whether 12 is on board or not, the train is clearly moving that way. The days of 4 or 5-wide with Rodgers running the show out the shotgun are going be few and far between. 

I think that is the most surprising thing to me. They are not building an offense to Rodgers strengths. I guess that is their prerogative but to me it seems rather wasteful to not make the most of a top-tier QB.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

1982 NFL coming right at you

@AlexGreen#20

Remember in Dragon Ball Z when the Z fighters were fighting Cell, and Trunks and Vegeta got super jacked and went Ascended Super Saiyan, but were then too big and slow to keep up despite having a similar power level, and then basicaly got schooled by Cell, but Goku and Gohan who stayed lighter and ended up going Super Saiyan 2 were able to win?

I feel like we're really trying to be the best Ascended Super Saiyan offense we can be. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -   Right or wrong (and almost certainly prematurely) the fan perception of Brian Gutekunst has shifted dramatically. Bought himself a ton of leeway by drafting Jaire and following that up with last season's spending spree. That leeway is spent after a ho-hum FA and this draft.

Gute talked about his "ready" board earlier in the week of veterans that they'd look at signing if things didn't go their way at those positions. I think it's safe to say things are not going their way at those positions.

• Peter Bukowski -  The Packers might as well announce they signed Tramon Williams and Snacks Harrison tomorrow.

Such a giant fail in the last 24 hours by Gute. 

• Like 1

LaFleur wants to play with 12 personnel and dictate with formation disguises and misdirection.  That's fine, but don't pigeonhole yourself to play one style. packers will not be able to deviate if the gameflow switches and they have to open it up.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

I actually like this entire draft better now. 

F catering to your MVP QB. 

This draft is a net positive if you disregard Dillon. ...and even that one is less the player and more when he was picked. And I'll definitely say I've seen Dillon in scouts top 5. Just not for me. 

We'll see. Im happy with this so far. After getting over the fact that the packers aren't going to ride a 42 year old rodgers into a dejected sunset the Love pick is fantastic. There can't be too many complaints here

4 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

They are sending him a message by not giving him the weapons he needs. To me this is like giving him the silent treatment.

I have a really bad feeling that this coming season is going to end up being a **** show.

The silent treatment?

Like they do for the other 60 dudes on the roster?

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Dude - its over. WR's are now blockers

Basically 23 or 14 personnel  - Lazard and Funchess are a basically a few happy meals from being TEs

Funchess    Lewis - Bak - Jenks -Lin -Turner -Wags             Lazard

Rodgers          Degaura

Diilon

Edited by fattlipp

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out at yet, but I feel like this virtual draft setup is absolutely killing us. 

It appears that LaFleur has significantly more input in draft picks than before due to draft "room" configuration. 

Ryan Wood -   Seventeen receivers from what's expected to be the deepest class in a long, long time were drafted in the first three rounds. The Packers drafted none of them. If they get any WR help from this draft, it will have to be Day 3.