2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Then let's see it through. Sure, we can discuss it but it's really, really old reading the sky is falling posts every other post. This is where the extended draft coverage hurts. If it's not a name someone knows, it's automatically a bad pick. I mean, I know Bill Belichick has earned his right to draft how he wants but he's another person that doesn't GAF about a perceived board. He goes and gets his guys and, if they don't work out, he does it again. 

I'm more than willing to be patient with it. 

I'm just baffled that we were 13-3 with a few holes on offense at OT and WR. We just got beat on the NFCCG by a team running for a record amount of yards and we lost our starting MLB. We have a great player in Rodgers and Adams. We have a RB that just scored 18 TDs last year with minimal wear, and we have a TE we drafted in the third round last year ready to go.      So we draft a QB to sit on the bench for 2+ years, and RB that likely wont see more than 25% of the offensive snaps this year, and a TE again in the third round that was rated to be a 3rd day pick. We decide to not draft a OL, DL, or WR in the first three picks. Makes zero sense at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out at yet, but I feel like this virtual draft setup is absolutely killing us. 

It appears that LaFleur has significantly more input in draft picks than before due to draft "room" configuration. 

Really would love an insiders perspective, cause I’ve wondered this too. Not that MLF has heavier influence, but jusT whether Gutey doesn’t have his full arsenal of inputs and that’s affecting him. But really, the draft is such a big operation - and they had so much lead time - that I’m have a hard time buying that this isn’t pretty close to their plan. 

Honestly though, if this is the MO. If the goal is to take pressure off AR with a punishing run first approach, it actually makes this draft easier to swallow (again haven’t watched Dillon or Deg at all but that means nothing), because at least it tells me there’s a vision and plan in mind. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean our defense really doesn't need much though does it? We really need another DL, even just a guy who can stuff the run. Those guys are available right now to sign and more will be coming after the draft as teams clear out certain guys on their roster because their replacements were drafted. Just sign one of those guys, resign Tramon and I think you're pretty much set on D for 2020. Our defense has a lot of talent (from drafting nothing but D the past several years). We should be okay once we address the DL, which btw, we could still do on Day 3 since you're pretty much just looking for a run stuffing space eater. 

Kind of makes me wonder what it would look like if we still had Guion.  

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

All three of these picks carry very significant value questions. 

I think we knew before the draft started that teams were going to be all over the place on players, since there wasn't going to be the same level of cross-talk that creates groupthink from scouts who keep running into each other at pro-days.

I think the only thing you can do is trust that the team kept to their own grades, and the people making those grades aren't bad at this.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why? We're still better than you.

For how long with arrogant fools like LeFleur and however you spell your GM's name. 1 or 2 more drafts like this and your franchise is toast for the next 5 years+. Rodgers sure as hell is going to demand a trade sooner than later.

I'm nostalgic for when you guys had TT and the dough boy.

Edited by joru1000

Just now, chucknorris101 said:

Don't draft another RB in the second when plenty will be there in the 5th.

Ke'Shawn Vaughn, another guy with that type of grade, went 13 picks later so you can't say this definitively. We got our guy. It's really that simple.