2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I am honestly confused about the message they are sending Rodgers? Not really any help via FA. And all these picks look like 'future' picks. Are they wanting Rodgers to ask for a trade? They are definitely not giving him any help. And after the disaster that our WR core was last year, I was very certain they would have given him some help.

Why do you think they're sending Rodgers any message? They're trying to build a roster around LaFleur's preferred scheme. 

They're treating Rodgers like every other guy on the football team. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I am honestly confused about the message they are sending Rodgers? Not really any help via FA. And all these picks look like 'future' picks. Are they wanting Rodgers to ask for a trade? They are definitely not giving him any help. And after the disaster that our WR core was last year, I was very certain they would have given him some help.

MVS isn't trusted by Rodgers because he can't keep his routes crisp and stable. And then there is the UDFA that's a nice story but he shouldn't be starting. Funchess can't catch (51.8 catch rate). It's a disaster all around. You can't go to war with those WRs.

Edited by Howler

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Wasn't LaFleur more Shanahan than McVay anyways?

Pretty much. I wondered if they would still go that route with Aaron Rodgers as the QB, but whether 12 is on board or not, the train is clearly moving that way. The days of 4 or 5-wide with Rodgers running the show out the shotgun are going be few and far between. 

• Like 1

Just now, Howler said:

MVS isn't trusted by Rodgers because he can't keep his routes crisp and stable. And then there is the UDFA that's a nice story but he shouldn't be starting. Funchess can't catch. It's a disaster.

Dude - its over. WR's are now blockers

1 minute ago, Howler said:

MVS isn't trusted by Rodgers because he can't keep his routes crisp and stable. And then there is the UDFA that's a nice story but he shouldn't be starting. Funchess can't catch. It's a disaster all around. You can't go to war with those WRs.

Well, it won't be a problem when they only have 1 WR on the field at any given moment.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why do you think they're sending Rodgers any message? They're trying to build a roster around LaFleur's preferred scheme. 

I actually like this entire draft better now. 

F catering to your MVP QB. 

• Like 2

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

They are sending him a message by not giving him the weapons he needs. To me this is like giving him the silent treatment.

I have a really bad feeling that this coming season is going to end up being a **** show.

• Like 1