The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Decisions, decisions.

10-7 and in the playoffs and you're still 50-50 on trading DC if we can get a couple first round picks?

Interesting.

Playoffs without Ruggs, Gruden, K. Drake, Inc, D. Good, a decent RT, D. Waller for half the season.  I'd want to keep him. 

If we lose out then I can see us pulling chalks and trading him away for a couple of first round picks.

fix the OLIne. any QB will struggle with this OL, and losing their WR1

• Like 1

So I am not trying to start WW3, and I respect that others think differently (and that is OK).

However, I don't think that DC is the problem and one day we will move on from him and we will be the team (like the Lions are now) floundering while our ex-QB lights it up in another city. Stafford struggled year on year to do anything of note in Detroit, but now he is in LA he looks transformed. 

Carr is a case of not missing the water until the well runs dry. Now, he is not a top 3 QB, but only three teams get a top 3 QB so it cannot be assumed that we are necessarily one of those teams.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

So I am not trying to start WW3, and I respect that others think differently (and that is OK).

However, I don't think that DC is the problem and one day we will move on from him and we will be the team (like the Lions are now) floundering while our ex-QB lights it up in another city. Stafford struggled year on year to do anything of note in Detroit, but now he is in LA he looks transformed. 

Carr is a case of not missing the water until the well runs dry. Now, he is not a top 3 QB, but only three teams get a top 3 QB so it cannot be assumed that we are necessarily one of those teams.

Naw dude your good it’s possible to make a case, advocate whatever without slinging mud to put it nicely. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

Decisions, decisions.

10-7 and in the playoffs and you're still 50-50 on trading DC if we can get a couple first round picks?

Interesting.

Playoffs without Ruggs, Gruden, K. Drake, Inc, D. Good, a decent RT, D. Waller for half the season.  I'd want to keep him. 

If we lose out then I can see us pulling chalks and trading him away for a couple of first round picks.

Yeah, I'd be 50-50. 

As I said, a lot also depends on who we plan on bringing in and what they're gonna do. 

Without massive upgrades, we're still not an annual contender. Further, even if we squeak into the playoffs, I think it's more of a swan song than an opening act. We're almost assuredly entering a rebuild, even if it's just a massive re-tooling. 

If we hire a real GM who brings the right guys in via FA, great. Keep Carr and let him show what he can do with a season of real weapons (which, crazily, we still haven't seen). 

If they want to go the draft route with it, no need to Alex Smith him. Let the guy go somewhere else and get the wins he deserves, don't saddle him with rebuild 4.0. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jerry said:

Decisions, decisions.

Interesting.

Make no mistake about it if they somehow made the playoffs I’m keeping him and I’m keeping Rich. It would be an impressive feat to win with all that they’ve lost

It’s just highly unlikely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

This is the discussion that has been occurring on this forum since 2018. You're not breaking new ground here.

The most controversial thing you wrote is that Stafford looks transformed. He looks the same; he's just throwing to better players and playing with a better defense. I mean, he just threw three interceptions on Sunday and won. 

Edited by Rich7sena

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

This is the discussion that has been occurring on this forum since 2018. You're not breaking new ground here.

The most controversial thing you wrote is that Stafford looks transformed. He looks the same; he's just throwing to better players and playing with a better defense. I mean, he just threw three interceptions on Sunday and won. 

Yep. 

That speaks volumes about the Rams as a whole. 

Carr throws 3 picks, it was probably an absolute slaughter. Same goes for almost every QB in the league with the exception of...

I was going to say Rodgers, Mahomes, and Brady.... but their interceptions are rare and I can't remember the last time any played that poorly. Brady in the playoffs last year when Tampa bailed him out? That's really about it off the top of my head. 

3 INTs is usually a deal breaker 

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Make no mistake about it if they somehow made the playoffs I’m keeping him and I’m keeping Rich. It would be an impressive feat to win with all that they’ve lost

Meh. I don’t want that to hinder a coaching search. I understand the sentiment, and I do like the guy. However, if we get in because we beat the Nick Mullens led Covid Browns, Drew Lock, and Sam Ehlinger (or whoever the Colts trot out), then I’m not impressed enough to just hand him the job. I just do not see Bisaccia as a long term solution. If he wants an interview, of course. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

If keeping Rich means keeping Olson i rather skip the playoffs. Lolol. 

30 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. 

That speaks volumes about the Rams as a whole. 

Carr throws 3 picks, it was probably an absolute slaughter. Same goes for almost every QB in the league with the exception of...

I was going to say Rodgers, Mahomes, and Brady.... but their interceptions are rare and I can't remember the last time any played that poorly. Brady in the playoffs last year when Tampa bailed him out? That's really about it off the top of my head. 

3 INTs is usually a deal breaker 

So interceptions are different than fumbles? Cause we just had 3 turnover game and won. So if it says great things about the Rams team what do it say about the Raiders. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So interceptions are different than fumbles? Cause we just had 3 turnover game and won. So if it says great things about the Rams team what do it say about the Raiders. 

It says the Lock-led Broncos are very bad.

And, not all turnovers are created equal. Interceptions are more likely to result in yards gained by the defense after a turnover--including a potential defensive touchdown. If I had to pick between a fumble and a pick I would pick the fumble.

And, all of Stafford's picks were pretty egregious and unprovoked. Even the tipped ball was being thrown right into coverage. All while playing behind the league-best oline.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Agreed if they make the playoffs I think the best thing to do is keep rich and Gus but toss Olson

(And yes I would keep tom cable)

To be fair to Olsen he's taken over playcalling on offense without Ruggs then lost Waller, had Jacobs hobbled and lost Drake and Ingold. He's hardly had a trove of riches and failed to take advantage. Not that I think he's the answer but I guess I'm the only one that thinks he's doing OK with what he's got, the first couple games he took over I thought we looked OK. The Dallas game was great considering we lost Waller early and they are a very good team plus a couple games like the Broncos just gone he's adjusted at the half and ran it down their throats. I don't think he's that bad given what he's working with.