The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

He is at worst a Top 6 QB in the NFL. He would be a massive upgrade over Carr. 

He would be for sure an upgrade but I'd take Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Wilson and Jackson over him. I'd look at Burrow and Kyler as well. 

2 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

He would be for sure an upgrade but I'd take Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Wilson and Jackson over him. I'd look at Burrow and Kyler as well. 

Depends on if we are talking about go forward or just for the present. I meant go forward which essentially eliminates Rodgers and Brady and devalues Wilson to a lesser extent. No way I’m taking Lamar Jackson over Watson. Also, Herbert still hasn’t made the postseason with a talented roster. 

Here is my go forward list for reference: 

1A. Mahomes

1B. Allen

3. Watson

4. Burrow

5. Herbert

6. Wilson

7. Murray

8. Jackson 

Watson's playoff record is pedestrian, including possibly one of the worst playoff loses ever blowing a 24-0 lead in a home playoff game.

Herbert is just a better player than Watson, far better arm and is freaky good.

Burrow already done more in his career than Watson and Murray as well arguably. 

Jackson is a league MVP but has to prove it in the postseason, so I'd say that is a wash. 

Wilson has probably half a decade left and is a much better QB. Like that isn't even really close. The top 2 are streets ahead of any.

2 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

Worst division in football to be fair, Watson is good but overrated because he makes a lot of off script plays. 

The fact that Watson took the Texans to 4-12 in 2020, and virtually the same team went 4-13 starting a third round rookie for most of the year says something.

Watson is obviously talented, but he has the Russell Westbrook gene in him. He does not manage the game well. Tangibly, his arm is just okay, but he can generate velocity from a lot of different angles. And, he is a very good runner.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:13 AM, big_palooka said:

If Carr showed near the talent Watson had, then he'd probably earn the benefit of the doubt too. 8 years of inconsistency doesn't get you that.

Carr inconsistency?
Roster Inconsistency?
Coaching inconsistency?
GM incocnsistency? 

Which inconsistency we talkng here haha

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Carr inconsistency?
Roster Inconsistency?
Coaching inconsistency?
GM incocnsistency? 

Which inconsistency we talkng here haha

All of it really. No doubt stability at coaching would have benefited Carr early on. Then consistency putting a roster together would have surely helped. 

Aside from that brief Cleveland-era, I can't think of a team that did less with more resources in the draft than the Raiders from 2018 - 2021.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

All of it really. No doubt stability at coaching would have benefited Carr early on. Then consistency putting a roster together would have surely helped. 

Aside from that brief Cleveland-era, I can't think of a team that did less with more resources in the draft than the Raiders from 2018 - 2021.

haha yea 100% . . . lucky Raider fans!
Carr really helped turn this team away from being continuous bottom feeders. Gave us good QB play to be able to finally build a team around. If not, all the different coaches would've brought in stop gap qbs, or drafted early, and us being the raiders would've likely missed on those picks. LOL

We finally have a decent built roster, there is talent on the depth chart, our backups actually deserve to be in the nfl instead of years past. Now we just lack elite talent. (yes including at the QB position).
Elite talent is what we need to get to the next level, itll help wherever, but obviously some positions help more. 

Watson, IMO, is elite. BUT, MD and the new gm would need to do an insane amount of work to figure out the whole story. The guy is close to untouchable. Innocent until proven guilty, but these things are tough to prove, and 23 women is not a good sign. 

A QB in the first, is also risky, because we need elite talent at other positions. But regardless, I have little faith wed make the right pick anyways, so maybe just go for the most improtant spot lol