The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Hopefully Zigs only gives Carr the Cousins 1+1 treatment. If not, we could be in trouble long term. Carr is the 4th best QB in the division

Adams wanted to play with him, but you’re right he’s trouble long term. And like you said, we’re gonna be the doormat of the afc.

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Some nut huggers here may hate this statement but

“adams picked carr over arod” 

Yes, he did. He actually had a contract in GB. Same can't be said for Chark. The situations aren't the same. This is very, very easy to understand

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yes, he did. He actually had a contract in GB. Same can't be said for Chark. The situations aren't the same. This is very, very easy to understand

Not only did he have a contract in GB it is being reported that it was for more money.  He came to Vegas to play with Carr over Rogers and took less money to do so.  That speaks volumes of what real NFL minds think of Carr.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 4:51 PM, NickButera said:

Rams just showed that winning with a top half of the league QB is very doable, and I'm expecting to see more teams emulate what they did. Trade away high picks for very good established players to pad a team who has some young talent to give them a 3-4 year window to win it.  TBH I think we fit into that category perfectly but I don't see NE people trading away first rounders.

This idea and precedent alone makes Carr a bit more valuable. 

My man. Called this a month ago and I'm glad to see what we're doing. This is going to push Carr over the top. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Hopefully Zigs only gives Carr the Cousins 1+1 treatment. If not, we could be in trouble long term. Carr is the 4th best QB in the division

I know this is being parroted ad nauseum and is strictly speaking true but it's not like one team has Rodgers and another has Jared Goff. The difference isnt that great IMO, it's like Denver has a Rolls Royce, Kansas has a Mercedes, San Diego has a Porsche and we have an Audi........it's not a huge gulf realistically IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Not only did he have a contract in GB it is being reported that it was for more money.  He came to Vegas to play with Carr over Rogers and took less money to do so.  That speaks volumes of what real NFL minds think of Carr.

You can’t treat NFL player’s opinions like some monolithic group that all think the same. AB clearly didn’t share Davante Adams opinion of DC and neither did Amari Cooper. The reality is that DC and Adams have camaraderie and history together.

That has nothing to do with what “real NFL minds” think 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I know this is being parroted ad nauseum and is strictly speaking true but it's not like one team has Rodgers and another has Jared Goff. The difference isnt that great IMO, it's like Denver has a Rolls Royce, Kansas has a Mercedes, San Diego has a Porsche and we have an Audi........it's not a huge gulf realistically IMO. 

Arguably the best WR in football just chose less money to play with Carr over Rogers.  I don't think in his mind he is going to play with the 4th best QB in the division.  We will see next year what Carr can do with a legit #1 WR for the first time in his career.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NickButera said:

My man. Called this a month ago and I'm glad to see what we're doing. This is going to push Carr over the top. 

I love the approach. Trade for established star players. It's bittersweet, because I love the draft and the lead up on all the prospects but it's smart.

Draft is in Vegas too... boring first night for the home team! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

You can’t treat NFL player’s opinions like some monolithic group that all think the same. AB clearly didn’t share Davante Adams opinion of DC and neither did Amari Cooper. The reality is that DC and Adams have camaraderie and history together.

That has nothing to do with what “real NFL minds” think 

I consider JM and Ziegler real NFL minds.  They chose to manage and coach here because we have Carr a top t0 QB in place.  Adams just chose less money and to play with Carr over Rogers.  

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I understand your point but the difference between a Rolls Royce and an Audi in real life is huge

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

It will come down to coaching, which I feel good about the Raiders staff. Easily second to Andy and his crew. 

Staley came out on fire, but then looked like a rube making dumb decisions that cost his team. Hackett and his crew in Denver are a wild card. They are very green top to bottom there. Offense should be solid, but defense isn't going to have Fangio's influence any longer. 

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

I love the approach. Trade for established star players. It's bittersweet, because I love the draft and the lead up on all the prospects but it's smart.

Draft is in Vegas too... boring first night for the home team! 

I agree.  We are getting an established stud WR and the draft is a crap shoot.  Take the proven commodity, build a winning culture and quality FA will start to flock here.  

I love the draft too but giving up a late 1st and 2nd for a top WR in the NFL is a no brainer.  

I have been reading that we are going hard after Gilmore.  He would be a great get and would give us the strongest CB group we have had in decades.  

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I consider JM and Ziegler real NFL minds.  They chose to manage and coach here because we have Carr a top t0 QB in place.  Adams just chose less money and to play with Carr over Rogers.  

I mean, this, and....

Adams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amari Cooper and that absolute headcase known as Antonio Brown too. 

I genuinely couldn't think of two WRs who's opinions I could care less about lol

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

I mean, this, and....

Adams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amari Cooper and that absolute headcase known as Antonio Brown too. 

I genuinely couldn't think of two WRs who's opinions I couldn't care less about lol

100 percent.  AB has mental health issues and Cooper is a fraud.  People on here still think Cooper is a legit #1.  It truly insanity.