2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You’re gonna throw a fit when Howie takes Kwity Paye at 6.

You are absolutely right. Howie has proven he can't draft. It is absolutely bizarre that he still has full control over another draft. If he has another bad draft then how can Lurie even save face and act like he didn't see it coming? It's pathetic.

5 hours ago, Jlash said:

Haha man what a low bar we have for Barnett. "Aside from always being hurt and not being very productive he's solid". 

I'm not paying a 3rd round pick for 5 sacks a year and a handful of missed games.

Well, each pick or trade has a level of uncertainty to it. I believe the league knows DB can play. I think that’s a concluded notion. Whether he can be a constant force is another thing. He’s only 24 or so. I’d be willing to gamble on him for the next 5 years or so that he ends up being a good DE. I think if you said I’ll take your 3rd rounder for a guy that can guaranteed play a premium position at a solid pace then I think you’d win that deal. The problem as I see it is that’s hes a former 1st rounder. He’s not living up to that stock. But I think that ups his trade value. Teams can still see a 8-10 sack guy just if he stays healthy. Maybe if he really figures it out, a perennial 10 sack guy. I think a 3rd is a reasonable price for the gamble. His contract demand will be a big indicator of level of interests next year. If he’s reasonable a lot of teams will want him. If he shoots for the moon I doubt he gets any real nibbles. 

16 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Bucky Brooks has us taking Pitts?! I swear to god. I mean, there’s no effing way but Jesus if that’s not Howie just tightening his own noose. 

I don't think it'd happen...but can see the logic that would be used.

He needs to hit on some picks or the fervor to oust him might finally get too loud for Lurie to tune out.
Pitts is gonna be a helluva pro if he goes to a solid offensive staff.

I mean it's not completely crazy. Especially if Chase and Smith go in the top 5.

If we trade Ertz we need to get another TE somewhere, not a 1st ideally but we can't throw garbage at it.
Goedert has had too many injuries to feel all that safe doing that.

Pitts gives you that versatility, like theoretically you could shift and motion in and out of 12 with Pitts and Goedert at will.
Like you come out and they have a backer on Pitts, You could shift him out. Or if that key is on Goedert he goes out.
It basically makes it a 11/12 Hybrid offense. Reagor has slot versatility and can be a move player.

Again, not quite what I'd but would be an interesting move. 
Especially if we have #21 too from the colts.

Colts Trade Quick Mock

We trade Wentz + Ertz 

For 1st, 4th and a conditional next year.
Honestly could be even more of deal if they wanted Dillard. But Wentz and Ertz fill two holes for them.
If they turn Wentz around we get another pick next year. Could be more, Ertz is a sweetener and takes the brunt of the value hit. This might be the deal for Wentz alone if we are lucky. I'll play it safe and assume everyone else saw how bad Wentz was last year. 

• 1(6) - WR Devonta Smith - Finally get a #1 guy.
  • 1(21) - CB Jaycee Horn - Question he'll be there, but getting a starting corner on top of a WR would be sweet.
  • 2(38) - ED Jaelon Phillips - Concussions keep him from rising too high.
  • 3(70) - LB Jabril Cox - Not sure if he'll be there, and maybe the Colts trade could involve a 2nd/3rd swap for us to move up. But getting a LB with some tools would be great.
  • 4(126) - S Talanoa Hufanga - Need depth at Safety.
  • 5(151) - TE Tony Poljan - No more Ertz so lets take a young TE instead  of constantly signing meh vets.
  • 5(155) - QB Kellen Mond  - Take a QB til you find a QB, and even then it's smart to take one.
  • 6(224) - WR Cade Johnson - Has some versatility, Ward is a great story/guy...but let's get some more dynamic playmakers in the slot.
  • 7(233) - DT Ta'Quon Graham - seems like a raw guy, type of person you lock in with a 7th.  You can sign a RB and IOL like Menet out of PSU as UDFAs.

^ some of this is a bit on the nose as far as names, but tried to mix it up on day 3.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If we get two first round picks... a package up to two or three for Wilson is what I want to do and I don't care how much anyone hates it.

I'd be excited but kinda upset at the same time. I think it's something that can definitely happen. No part of me wants to go into this coming season with just Hurts.