2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

45 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

But he’s not a true TE. He’s an offensive weapon with an elite skill set. Is there anything this team needs more than that? 

I agree with you for sure but with a potential Goedert extension looming how much money are we willing to put into that position is the question. I definitely think Pitts would be a great choice for us though. Guy will be a monster regardless of where he plays imo. He is absolutely a matchup nightmare for safeties and LBs which I have heard is something Sirianni loves. 

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I agree with you for sure but with a potential Goedert extension looming how much money are we willing to put into that position is the question. I definitely think Pitts would be a great choice for us though. Guy will be a monster regardless of where he plays imo. He is absolutely a matchup nightmare for safeties and LBs which I have heard is something Sirianni loves. 

Pitts will be on a controlled rookie contract for most of the time Goedart is expensive anyway. So your talking about maybe a money problem if everything goes perfect 5 years from now? Yeah, imma pass on that narrative as a reason not to take him 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm cool with Pitts, but I'd be pretty devastated if we passed on Chase for him. I'd probably even be pissed if we passed on Smith for him. I think ideally we'd trade down and take him if at all.

I'm with you. I'm cool with Pitts if the other two are gone or we trade down. In the end I'll be pumped for any of the 3 tho

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'm with you. I'm cool with Pitts if the other two are gone or we trade down. In the end I'll be pumped for any of the 3 tho

I'd be cool with Surtain or Farley at 6 as well. Could probably trade down a few for at least one of them. Trade down for Waddle would be fine too. Additionally, I'm not that against taking one of the QBs (Fields, Wilson, Lance) at any point really. I think Hurts has some promise and deserves a fair shot, but I'm always intrigued by a new face of the franchise.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Pitts will be on a controlled rookie contract for most of the time Goedart is expensive anyway. So your talking about maybe a money problem if everything goes perfect 5 years from now? Yeah, imma pass on that narrative as a reason not to take him 

We agree that Pitts and Goedert would steal snaps from each other right? I think the stat I saw was the highest percent of 12 personnel run last season was 45%. So we are talking about two players who would be on the field together less than 50% of the time that would be taking up significant resources from both the draft and the salary cap. (1st and 2nd round pick within 4 years). I am all for taking the best player on the board, but to not even consider the costs of having two high end TE’s seems odd to me. And again it’s more than just money. It’s draft capital and allocation of resources on the field. 

A CB at 6 would be so dumb, regardless of it being a need. You don't take a CB top 10, unless they are a super stud prospect, and neither Surtain nor Farley are more highly rated than Okudah last year (at this time). And Okudah was a liability out there as a rookie. A CB is something you take in round 1 when you are just a piece or two away. We are not. We need an edge and a DT before another CB. Get out front 4 right, then take a CB high. I'm all for Greg Newsome in the 2nd, but I think he goes late 1st.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

A CB at 6 would be so dumb, regardless of it being a need. You don't take a CB top 10, unless they are a super stud prospect, and neither Surtain nor Farley are more highly rated than Okudah last year (at this time). And Okudah was a liability out there as a rookie. A CB is something you take in round 1 when you are just a piece or two away. We are not. We need an edge and a DT before another CB. Get out front 4 right, then take a CB high. I'm all for Greg Newsome in the 2nd, but I think he goes late 1st.

Yeah, a CB at 6 this year would be awful. 

No reason to reach on a need when the team has so many holes. Don't think either of the top guys are worth a top 10 pick either. 

I'm pretty much all-in on Ja'Marr, even though we'd be the 1st team to go WR back-to-back in round 1 since Matt Millen was GM of the Lions. I'm ready for a total rebuild, starting with a true WR1, unless we can get up to #2 for Zach Wilson. I wish the Jets liked Wentz.

18 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We agree that Pitts and Goedert would steal snaps from each other right? I think the stat I saw was the highest percent of 12 personnel run last season was 45%. So we are talking about two players who would be on the field together less than 50% of the time that would be taking up significant resources from both the draft and the salary cap. (1st and 2nd round pick within 4 years). I am all for taking the best player on the board, but to not even consider the costs of having two high end TE’s seems odd to me. And again it’s more than just money. It’s draft capital and allocation of resources on the field. 

Pitts can play on the outside though. Look at his film. He works outside CB’s too. He can be an X- WR and a TE. 

this team needs elite talent and Pitts regardless of position is an elite talent. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I'm pretty much all-in on Ja'Marr, even though we'd be the 1st team to go WR back-to-back in round 1 since Matt Millen was GM of the Lions. I'm ready for a total rebuild, starting with a true WR1, unless we can get up to #2 for Zach Wilson. I wish the Jets liked Wentz.

Chase is my #1 want if he is gone I am split on who I’d want next Smith or Pitts. I think I’m leaning Pitts. 

im all the way out with CB at 6. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Chase is my #1 want if he is gone I am split on who I’d want next Smith or Pitts. I think I’m leaning Pitts. 

im all the way out with CB at 6. 

As a WR, what are Pitts elite traits? Speed? Nope. Route running? Nope. He's a gret TE prospect, but I don't love him as a WR, unless we're tossing up jump balls left and right. I dunno. I'm conflicted with him, because there is no real comparison besides maybe Claypool, but Claypool is probably 2" shorter and a lot faster. Maybe a slower Vincent Jackson, rip.

Edited by Jeezla