2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

7 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

I haven't done enough research yet.. Anybody who has, what's the main differences between the top 3 WR?

Chase has the best body control, and a complete wideout 

Smith is very polished, good at attacking the ball in the air, great hands, accelerates to full speed instantly

waddle is the biggest unknown, fastest, quickest, and actually out produced smith this year in the games they both played. Has good hands and sneaky route running abilities. Broke ankle, came back in the championship game but he was limping basically every play which worries me 

comparisons 

chase = davante Adams 

devonte smith = Calvin Ridley/Marvin Harrison 

waddle = hill 

Edited by DeSean Jackson
  • Like 1

I just did a tdn mock and I got bamboozled in my trade down to 12 because waddle and pitts were both gone.

I took rashawn slater and that could be a really safe pick howie does end up making. I mean if kelce leaves he can be the center if none of the LT options work out you play him there if everything goes well for the OL you play him over Isaac. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

If we take one of the Alabama receivers you know the other one is going to end up being better. I mean there's no way that doesn't happen right?

Most likely way is Smith’s frame/lack of size actually is a big issue. Plus Waddle has more big play ability, so it could be perceived he’s have a better career as Smith is being a vacuum for # of targets.

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Most likely way is Smith’s frame/lack of size actually is a big issue. Plus Waddle has more big play ability, so it could be perceived he’s have a better career as Smith is being a vacuum for # of targets.

Eh, marvin Harrison did it when they didn't protect the wideouts as much. Weight isn't an issue anymore like it used to be. I think he will be fine at 175. I'd rather him keep his burst then get up to 180s

8 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

If we take one of the Alabama receivers you know the other one is going to end up being better. I mean there's no way that doesn't happen right?

I can see Waddle being better than smith, his speed and quickness is insane.

Smith just does everything right and he's a gamer. I think this reminds me of Jefferson vs Reagor debate. Complete wideout or the speed guy? We need a complete wideout, but Chase is my go too.

3 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Eh, marvin Harrison did it when they didn't protect the wideouts as much. Weight isn't an issue anymore like it used to be. I think he will be fine at 175. I'd rather him keep his burst then get up to 180s

It’s a stretch but I’m sure at some point it’ll be a storyline as they try to pick these guys apart. His size and Chase’s overall speed are gonna be the two things they hit.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

It’s a stretch but I’m sure at some point it’ll be a storyline as they try to pick these guys apart. His size and Chase’s overall speed are gonna be the two things they hit.

speed isn't a big deal most of the best receivers in the nfl are 4.5 guys.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

speed isn't a big deal most of the best receivers in the nfl are 4.5 guys.

Hurts a couple guys but it is one of the more overrated things. Media and some teams are real dumb about it. 

Like Ruggs as the first wideout last year? How?

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Because everyone is trying to find and recreate the next Tyreek Hill for their offense. 

Not very often do we agree but I said this earlier and you are 100% correct. 

These speed prospects are more John Ross, Tavon Austin then Hill.