2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

22 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He’s worth a 3rd so I don’t see why not. We had to trade a 4th just for Avery lol.

Which was a huge overpay! But if we can overpay for Avery, someone could overpay for Barnett

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Barnett other than he’s constantly banged up and not a 1st round producer. I think a team would easily give us a 3rd rounder for his services for 1 year and then have the inside track to another contract if he busts out. Either way, I think it’s a Agholor situation for us. Maybe we could use him but if you’re resigning him, it’s going to cost you more than he’s worth. I’m ok with giving him another contract I just have a feeling if you are trying to resign your former 1st rounder, he’s got leverage for more money than what he’s worth. If he’s willing to take a mid-grade contract then fine. Just don’t see it. Thus, should probably trade him now. 

In the 2011 Draft the Falcons moved up from Pick #27 to Pick #6 in a trade up with the Browns in order to pick Julio Jones.

Ten years later the Ravens have Pick #27 and the Eagles Pick #6. If Baltimore offered/gave you guys the same compensation(2021 1st, 2nd, and 4th + 2022 1st and 4th) in order to secure Ja'Marr Chase/Devonta Smith would you do the deal? And if you personally wouldn't, but the Eagles did end up doing such a deal would you be angry, moderately upset, or just indifferent?

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

He's also only 24 a team trading for him could extend him and have him in his prime for 5 years.

Exactly and it’s not like his extension would be that expensive. I think the Eagles should bring both Barnett and Sweat’s agent to the table for extension negotiations. I don’t think we extend both. My guess is it will be Sweat cause he should come in cheaper for sure. Anyways, Barnett has improved basically every year as an Eagle. Is he injured quite a bit? Sure. Did he ever take the leap to become a really good to great player? No. But, I don’t think that’s all his fault. We’ve had multiple DL coaches and he never had the athleticism to be a top edge in the league which is why I was against drafting him that high. If we took him near the end of the first to mid 2nd like where he probably should’ve been taken, then I don’t think we are viewing him as a bust. He can be a good DE2 for some team and I think that should be worth about a 3rd or 4th at worst.

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

In the 2011 Draft the Falcons moved up from Pick #27 to Pick #6 in a trade up with the Browns in order to pick Julio Jones.

Ten years later the Ravens have Pick #27 and the Eagles Pick #6. If Baltimore offered/gave you guys the same compensation(2021 1st, 2nd, and 4th + 2022 1st and 4th) in order to secure Ja'Marr Chase/Devonta Smith would you do the deal? And if you personally wouldn't, but the Eagles did end up doing such a deal would you be angry, moderately upset, or just indifferent?

Good question.

I would lean towards doing it. We have a lot of holes to fill. If it was Smith on the board and not Chase, then I would probably be more inclined. I really like Smith, but you’re betting on him to be an anomaly which he probably is, but it’s still a risk.

If Chase is there, then I probably lean towards staying put since next years receiver class doesn’t seem all that great a year out.

I’m guessing you want to go all-in on winning a SB in 2021 since it’s the last real cheap year of Lamar’s rookie contract? I can’t blame you.

• Like 1

A little tempting, just because we have a lot of holes. But how late in the rounds you’d have to think those picks would be, I wouldn’t do it...especially if Chase is there.

I’d get it, but would be upsetting. We’ve lacked stellar young talent for a long time, getting one of those guys would help change that and help fix a position we’ve struggled with for years. Howie sucks at drafting so I wouldn’t be confident in the picks.

I think if we trade Wentz maybe it’s a little different, because those 2022 picks could help us move up for a QB if Hurts indeed doesn’t prove to be the guy.

I think I’d be more excited if the trade had Marlon Humphrey in it. His contract is pretty affordable this year, he’s still very young. Not sure what exactly that’d look like but at least I’d know we were getting a good player.

• Like 1

Not a chance I'd trade down that far with Howie making the pick. Give me the 6th pick where it would be hard to mess up this year over two late 1st where Howie would probably completely botch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think I’d be more excited if the trade had Marlon Humphrey in it. His contract is pretty affordable this year, he’s still very young. Not sure what exactly that’d look like but at least I’d know we were getting a good player.

It’s a nice thought, but I don’t think Baltimore is parting with him.

Also, since we were talking about Barnett I would like to remind everyone we took him two picks before Humphrey. 😥😓

3 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Not a chance I'd trade down that far with Howie making the pick. Give me the 6th pick where it would be hard to mess up this year over two late 1st where Howie would probably completely botch. 

You’re gonna throw a fit when Howie takes Kwity Paye at 6.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It’s a nice thought, but I don’t think Baltimore is parting with him.

Also, since we were talking about Barnett I would like to remind everyone we took him two picks before Humphrey. 😥😓

Yeah the move would be a bit antithetical on their end. Just would personally get me more into the trade. 

On 2/2/2021 at 11:58 AM, Jroc04 said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Barnett other than he’s constantly banged up and not a 1st round producer.

Haha man what a low bar we have for Barnett. "Aside from always being hurt and not being very productive he's solid". 

I'm not paying a 3rd round pick for 5 sacks a year and a handful of missed games.