2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Mock GM offseason I am doing with Trojan first order of business was to cut or trade deadweight.  I ended up trading TB and our 3rd for Akiem Hicks and Chicago's 2nd.  Hicks would be a good leader on our line and still productive for 3 years.

This is the kind of trade that you can only dream about.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jerry said:

I'm okay with cutting him.  Don't care if he goes back to being a top tier RT.  I'd rather invest it in D. Good and the defense.  As for the culture issues and placing the blame on DC, if a RT can be paid 16M a season and decides to gain roughly 80 lbs, I don't think its a culture issue, I think its a T. Brown being a fat sack of lazy crap issue.  I said this before, if a player needs to be yelled at, or held accountable by other players to perform, then he isn't worth signing.

Your last posts are spot on.  I Couldn’t have said it better if I tried!  Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Mock GM offseason I am doing with Trojan first order of business was to cut or trade deadweight.  I ended up trading TB and our 3rd for Akiem Hicks and Chicago's 2nd.  Hicks would be a good leader on our line and still productive for 3 years.

Wow you ripped the Chicago GM off.  I’d freak out and run around the room happy as heck if we really made that trade. 

that really makes me wonder if TB has any real world trade value?  If it wasn’t for his injuries and “injuries”/nonsense he’d probably be worth a 3rd.  But I just can’t see a team giving up anything more than a 5th for him in a best case scenario.  In the end I think no one would trade for him and we’d cut him.  Why would a team Trade for his 14.0M salary?

Edited by jimkelly02

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Wow you ripped the Chicago GM off.  I’d freak out and run around the room happy as heck if we really made that trade. 

that really makes me wonder if TB has any real world trade value?  If it wasn’t for his injuries and “injuries”/nonsense he’d probably be worth a 3rd.  But I just can’t see a team giving up anything more than a 5th for him in a best case scenario.  In the end I think no one would trade for him and we’d cut him.  Why would a team Trade for his 14.0M salary?

TB GM wanted him in a trade for JPP.  I also got Javon Hargrave also but in a different deal.  Hicks and Hargrave in the middle would have been amazing.  Still might try later.

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

TB GM wanted him in a trade for JPP.  I also got Javon Hargrave also but in a different deal.  Hicks and Hargrave in the middle would have been amazing.  Still might try later.

The other GMs have to be like 12 years old.  Lol.

Athletic mock draft has LV selecting Christian Barmore. 

Hello darkness my old friend 

The Raiders have to get better on the defensive line, inside and on the edges. Barmore is still very young, and there are some inconsistent areas to his game, mostly in the run game. But he doesn’t stay blocked for very long due to his power, explosiveness and energy — three traits that don’t jump out when watching the Raiders’ defensive line last season. 

On 2/11/2021 at 11:19 AM, agarcia34 said:

Athletic mock draft has LV selecting Christian Barmore. 

Hello darkness my old friend 

The Raiders have to get better on the defensive line, inside and on the edges. Barmore is still very young, and there are some inconsistent areas to his game, mostly in the run game. But he doesn’t stay blocked for very long due to his power, explosiveness and energy — three traits that don’t jump out when watching the Raiders’ defensive line last season. 

Barmore was dominant down the stretch for Alabama. Draft the guy with elite traits and coach him up. As opposed to taking guys with average traits like Ferrell. 

I really think the team can resole their defensive tackle issues in free agency. There are so many players who can make the Raiders at least competent on the interior defensive line: Dalvin Tomlinson, Larry Ogunjobi, Sheldon Rankins, Johnathan Hankins, etc. I would sign two starting defensive tackles and leverage the draft for its strength. This is how I see the value in the first two rounds.

1st round: offensive tackle (Cosmi, Vera-Tucker, Mayfield, Eichenberg)

2nd round: safety (Cisco, Moehrig, Holland, Grant)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I really think the team can resole their defensive tackle issues in free agency. There are so many players who can make the Raiders at least competent on the interior defensive line: Dalvin Tomlinson, Larry Ogunjobi, Sheldon Rankins, Johnathan Hankins, etc. I would sign two starting defensive tackles and leverage the draft for its strength. This is how I see the value in the first two rounds.

1st round: offensive tackle (Cosmi, Vera-Tucker, Mayfield, Eichenberg)

2nd round: safety (Cisco, Moehrig, Holland, Grant)

You got Vera-Tucker as an OT ? Lots suggesting he’s a better fit as a G ?